The Bayerische Socks Knitalong Thread

Please Turra, what's mew methods? I'm wanting to progress you see....... :hihi:

They're the knitting methods that even the cats find easy :D .

They're the knitting methods that even the cats find easy :D .

but........... me how?

...It does look relatively straightforward...

And indeed it is very straightforward! Here's proof.

The technique of knitting on two circulars is very simple to grasp, even more so than the Magic Loop method IMO. I watched the Knitting Help video a couple of time, knitting along during the second run and pausing where appropriate. By the end of a couple of rounds, it was automatic.

It's **whispers** easier to grasp than the DPN method :o .

but........... me how?

Very good :hihi: .

Go on; give socks a go, you big scaredy cat. Sock knitting is the purrrfect knitting technique :D .

And indeed it is very straightforward! Here's proof.

The technique of knitting on two circulars is very simple to grasp, even more so than the Magic Loop method IMO. I watched the Knitting Help video a couple of time, knitting along during the second run and pausing where appropriate. By the end of a couple of rounds, it was automatic.

It's **whispers** easier to grasp than the DPN method :o .

Great stuff! Thats good to hear!

I just need to order some new Addi Turbos...what length are yours Hec?

Ok. I have decided. I AM going to do these socks. On 2 circulars.

When I try to back out in a few weeks time by saying I have too much on/don't have the needles/yarn, please point me in the direction of Get Knitted and threaten to ban me from the group :)

Mine are 80 cm. You'd be able to use shorter ones though, although I like the longer ones. The long lengths are useful to have for doing the Magic Loop.

Ok. I have decided. I AM going to do these socks. On 2 circulars.

When I try to back out in a few weeks time by saying I have too much on/don't have the needles/yarn, please point me in the direction of Get Knitted and threaten to ban me from the group :)

Excellent! :clap:

You can't back out now - I have it in writing :D . Get the yarn and needles ordered now. Go on; go and place that order right this minute! :P

I found 60cm ones good for this technique - you can just about use a 60cm one for Magic loop too

EDIT: Right just ordered CTH in Cherry (coz I believe burgundy is soooooooo common:hihi:) and 2 60cm circulars (as there is bound to be a national shortage with us all buying them:P)

I think I have a few circulars upstairs already actually but I never use them so I may need a little help....what mm do I need?

The how to guide says that you should have 2 different length circulars I think, so should I use a 60cm one and another length? what length?

If everyone else is using CTH then I suppose I'll have to order some too! It's such a hardship!

it recommends 2 different lengths so that you can tell which needle is which. A 40 cm would be fine, but if you have 2 the same length then you can paint a dot of nail varnish on them and distinguish between them that way. The pattern should tell you what mm needles you need :)

Ooooh I'm seeing CTH in Teal Green *Excited*