Claims that a police officer hit a female in Sheffield, caught on CCTV..?

What do you think of the incident?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the incident?

• I support the police officer
    • I don't support the police officer

Hang on, what's not excusable is being so obnoxious that you get chucked out of a club, smashing all the windows in somebodies car, ignoring your mate who's trying to calm you down, then resisting arrest, then smacking a Police officer in the face, then trying to run away.

Frankly, at that point I personally couldn't care less what treatment they get.

Epileptic fit? Yea right! Excuse me if I appear sceptical.

well i'm glad i'm not related top you then.. your a mod, aren't you supposed to mod this board, instead of making stupid remraks like that!!

i take it you know nothing about this !!

smashin ALL windows on somebodys car??

ignoring mates who were calming her down??

resisting arrest??

epileptic fit??

please get ALL your facts together

2. Why is she doing TV interviews? If anything like this had happened to me I'd be morified about my idiotic, thug like behaviour, hang my head in shame and hide away.

She's after the sympathy vote, she obviously thinks that all the UK populous are as naive as her to believe that she is an innocent party and is trying to get a public servant sacked.

well i'm glad i'm not related top you then.. your a mod, aren't you supposed to mod this board, instead of making stupid remraks like that!!

Being a mod doesn't mean that he is not allowed to join in with a debate. Just because he doesn't have the same view point as you doesn't mean it is less valid.

an absolute disgrace. i wonder how he could explain that to his wife or his mother.

Moderators are allowed to post on topics on here.

What they don't have to put up with is abuse from you or any other suers. Now, chill out - Tony can be quite patient but I'm not currently renowned for that positve character trait.

I would be ashamed to appear on TV if I were her, as it said, she took exception to being thrown out of a club, and in retaliation decided to smash up the (I guess bouncers) car, If I saw anyone doing that to any car, I would gladly see them get a beating.

Then she resisted arrest, which in turn made them both fall down the stairs, this could have caused far more injury than a dead arm (broken neck etc) so at this point I assume she didnt care for her own safety.

you can see a woman on the ground with an officer laid on top administering 5 punches towards the head of the woman, with other officers surrounding.

Wow, despite the CCTV footage providing no clues where she was hit, and despite the commentator an expert also saying it depends where she was hit, you know from your arm chair it was on the head, your in the wrong job! (unless your already a physic :hihi: )

They said this was by the Niche nightclub.

It looks more like the loading bay behind Corporation.

Just heard on Hallam "A black girl was punched..."

Why do reporters bring the race card up on every available occasion.

Most violent crime involves alcohol.

This was a violent, drunk and dangerous person who needed to be restrained. If she had been badly hurt then her sort would have been quick to see a solicitor and get her damaged face photographed so she could get some "compo".

I would like to see this kind of action taken against every dangerous drunk until we have the streets safe for decent people again.

Meanwhile, PC Daniel Cofill aged 21 yrs lies in a vegetative state at his home, being cared for 24/7 by his family. This lad, a young officer, tried to deal with an incident whilst off duty in Bromley in July last year. For his trouble, he was knocked to the ground and kicked unconcious and probably will never regain any real measure of life and health. His attackers were sentenced to nine and five and a half years, which were both reduced on appeal, they will be out in five years - whilst Daniel will still have many , many years of dependant care and no quality of life.

At the same time, assaults on Police are being looked at as a potential fixed penalty fine with no court appearance.

Unless you were at the scene of the job on CCTV, you may have an opinion - and you are entitled to that. Please remember that the job of the Police is difficult, and they are victimised too - there may be far more to the CCTV job than any of you know.

Why did I mention Daniel here? Because officers like him need bearing in mind when anything like this takes place. Policing the streets is horrendously difficult and dangerous, and your officers are all aware of the threats to them and their health - and from there to their familys future.

No doubt, if there is blame to be put to anyone, the IPCC will do their best with the enquiry. If there was any major concern - the SYP would hardly come out and make the comments that they have.

She's after the sympathy vote, she obviously thinks that all the UK populous are as naive as her to believe that she is an innocent party and is trying to get a public servant sacked.

I absolutely agree.

Yes the police were in the wrong (going on that video footage) but this woman is by no means innocent. I wonder how much compensation she will get?

This does look like it happened behind what was Berlins (in my day!!)

i take it you know nothing about this !!

smashin ALL windows on somebodys car??

ignoring mates who were calming her down??

resisting arrest??

epileptic fit??

please get ALL your facts together

Tonys Remarks seem to be perfectly reasonable to me, he is entitled to his opinion on the subject and he is just as entitled to contribute to the thread as anyone else and does not deserve personal insults from you. I don't agree with what you have posted on this thread and may offer my interpretations and thoughts in return, what I won't do is insult you and I as a forum member expect the same curtesy in return. The mods may wish to have a word with you on this.

After seeing the video, reading about her actions (in the club, outside to the security guards car, and to the poilce officer arresting her), IMO SHE GOT WHAT SHE DESERVED!

If she hadn't put herself in that position, and she had acted within the law when told to, this wouldn't have happened.

She only has herself to blame.

Interestingly though:

1. Why would this only cause such a storm in our country?

It wouldn't. Remember Rodney King?

2. Why is she doing TV interviews? If anything like this had happened to me I'd be morified about my idiotic, thug like behaviour, hang my head in shame and hide away.

Why the hell not? Maybe she's kind of p'ed off at receiving a beating from the police?