Claims that a police officer hit a female in Sheffield, caught on CCTV..?

What do you think of the incident?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the incident?

• I support the police officer
    • I don't support the police officer

a) if she didn't resist arrest it wouldn't have happened.

b) if she wasn't breaking the law in the first place she wouldn't need to be arrested, therefore it wouldn't have happened.

This is just ANOTHER attempt for a bit of compensation with the 'race card' thrown in for good measure.

I think that too many Police where involved for such a small incident, however after watching the clip a few times, it appears that these are not punches to the face/head they appear to be an attempt made for the "criminal" to release their grip.

:thumbsup: to the Police.

In response to the "what if it was your girlfriend/wife?" post, I would be absolutely appauled - but my other half wouldn't be vandalising cars or being arrested in the first place!!

they interviewed a guy on gmtv this morning Ruggie Johnson claiming that this was a racist attack as the girl was black

I listened to the report on The World Tonight on R4 yesterday. They had some guy saying she was punched in the head...Untrue. They also said she'd drunk a full bottle of brandy before the incident! Call me picky, but what is an epileptic doing drinking a full bottle of spirits? BTW, she had no recollection of the incident.

Most violent crime involves alcohol.

This was a violent, drunk and dangerous person who needed to be restrained. If she had been badly hurt then her sort would have been quick to see a solicitor and get her damaged face photographed so she could get some "compo".

I would like to see this kind of action taken against every dangerous drunk until we have the streets safe for decent people again.

KenH your first two sentences are absolutely correct. I've highlighted the most important part, however. Restraint. I have personally been involved in many restraints of violent individuals and never once have myself or my colleagues felt it neccessary to repeatedly punch a person to subdue them. It simply isn't neccessary and there are plenty of techniques available to restrain even the most aggressive of individuals which don't involve inflicting major violence upon them.

Anyone who thinks the policeman acted reasonably is as bad as him in my opinion.

If you think that sort of remark is going to alter anyones opinion, you are deluded as to your own importance.

The woman demonsrated herself to be a danger to both people and property, she resisted arrest and assaulted a police officer. The video does look shocking but the important fact, which most people have missed, is that the woman was uninjured in the arrest. Surely a police officer punching someone five times in the head, as is alledged, would result in considerable injury and probably unconciousness?

This is yet another case of a person who thinks they can behave how they like in public, knock people about and damage peoples property, and then want to complain when they get some of it back.

I bet if she had got home and found her car vandalised, she would have been straight on the phone to the police! :rant:

Maybe she's kind of p'ed off at receiving a beating from the police?

It's interesting how a few more snippets are emerging isn't it? It's also interesting how the SY Police Chief Constable is not having any nonsense and is standing four square with his officer. I wonder what else he knows about the event?

Maybe when the Police Officer thumped her arm he was a bit p'ed off because she was trying to rip off his testicles at the time?

It's going to be an interesting few days.

Tonys Remarks seem to be perfectly reasonable to me, he is entitled to his opinion on the subject and he is just as entitled to contribute to the thread as anyone else and does not deserve personal insults from you. I don't agree with what you have posted on this thread and may offer my interpretations and thoughts in return, what I won't do is insult you and I as a forum member expect the same curtesy in return. The mods may wish to have a word with you on this.

None of the facts that he has pointed out are correct though, there was an incident involving a car, not smashing ALL the windows, her mates weren't claming her down, and she wasn’t having a fit

It's interesting how a few more snippets are emerging isn't it? It's also interesting how the SY Police Chief Constable is not having any nonsense and is standing four square with his officer. I wonder what else he knows about the event?

Maybe when the Police Officer thumped her arm he was a bit p'ed off because she was trying to rip off his testicles at the time?

Maybe so Tony, but I still maintain that there are other ways of restraining a violent individual without needing to punch them repeatedly.

What would you do if a wild drunk was resisting arrest whilst trying to remove your manhood?

Maybe so Tony, but I still maintain that there are other ways of restraining a violent individual without needing to punch them repeatedly.

Why should we care? If the violent drunk underclass attack people and damage property then why should we care if the police have to be a bit tough in return?

She comitted Criminal damage. She then ressisted arrest which is a criminal offence. Why is she suddenely a victim? her actions make her a criminal and as such she loses her liberty when arrested, the officer has done his job to the letter of the law and it is now up to a court of law to decide if he has acted irresponsibly.

Why should we care? If the violent drunk underclass attack people and damage property then why should we care if the police have to be a bit tough in return?

We should care because the police are there to protect and serve - if we all sit around saying 'oh well,fair do's, the lass was asking for it' we're approving of the police using excessive and unreasonable force.