Claims that a police officer hit a female in Sheffield, caught on CCTV..?

What do you think of the incident?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the incident?

• I support the police officer
    • I don't support the police officer

Hang on, what's not excusable is being so obnoxious that you get chucked out of a club, smashing all the windows in somebodies car, ignoring your mate who's trying to calm you down, then resisting arrest, then smacking a Police officer in the face, then trying to run away.

Frankly, at that point I personally couldn't care less what treatment they get.

Epileptic fit? Yea right! Excuse me if I appear sceptical.

So the woman concerned may have behaved badly? Ok. Does that really make Ok for a policeman to punch her repeatedly when she's in no position to defend herself? If we follow that line of logic then every person who gets chucked out of a club is fair game for a good beating. Is that really what you want to see?

She said "I've got a 14-year-old son, he's actually seen this footage. How do I explain to him that this is justified, regarding the police?" . Perhaps she should be explaining her own anti-social behaviour.

QUOTE]

?eh? The girl is question is TWENTY!!!!! Think you should read the thread and reports properly first before commenting!!!

I think that the police are still human and can let their emotions get carried away with all the adrenaline etc.

I was once a witness to police "action" - luckily for the guy concerned I was able to detail exactly waht happened - needless to say no charges were made against the guy but there again nothing was done to the police either and I never heard anything from the police regarding the incident either!!!!

So not everything is as black and white as it might at first seem.

So the woman concerned may have behaved badly? Ok. Does that really make Ok for a policeman to punch her repeatedly when she's in no position to defend herself? If we follow that line of logic then every person who gets chucked out of a club is fair game for a good beating. Is that really what you want to see?

I bet she doesn't do it again.

Hang on, what's not excusable is being so obnoxious that you get chucked out of a club, smashing all the windows in somebodies car, ignoring your mate who's trying to calm you down, then resisting arrest, then smacking a Police officer in the face, then trying to run away.

Frankly, at that point I personally couldn't care less what treatment they get.

Epileptic fit? Yea right! Excuse me if I appear sceptical.

I have to agree with you there Tony, If the copper was trying to hurt her or was doing other than he claims i.e trying to restrain her, he would not have limited his actions to punching her arm.

I am listening to radio Sheffield at the moment and it's now become a race issue. The news team have trotted out every "ethnic" spokesman they can find to try and put a racial spin on the story, one pillock even started banging on about slavery! For goodness sake the woman was out of order and the police did what they had to do to arrest her. They did not carry on beating her after she was under control as with the incident in Los Angeles a few years ago which the race card team are comparing these events to.

So we have another devisive police against ethnics story which is rubbish but it will add fuel to the fire and further strain on the fabric of our society just because the media need to big up the story to fill the news.

Fault in my my opinion lies with the girl for commiting the crime, the police man for not knowing when to stop or how far to go but the main blame lies with the media.

The picture they are painting is of a poor victim who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and not a criminal who was commiting a crime.

If she was at home looking after her kids then this wouldnt have happened but still, 5 punches to the arm seems a little bit too much.

And the racisim angle is a joke but typical. I mean, why ask one of the top black cops in the country what he thinks about it unless they are playing the good old fashioned race card?

didnt the women admit and get convicted for the criminal damage?if so then the details of the crime and the arrest will have been disclosed to the court and her solicitor i should imagine that the officer put in his evidence that he struck her as she was resisting arrest, so why didnt she try to sue the force then? the only reason she is doing it now is because of the cctv fotage which doesnt show clearly what happened all shes after is some compensation for the situation that she caused.

After seeing the video, reading about her actions (in the club, outside to the security guards car, and to the poilce officer arresting her), IMO SHE GOT WHAT SHE DESERVED!

If she hadn't put herself in that position, and she had acted within the law when told to, this wouldn't have happened.

She only has herself to blame.

Interestingly though:

1. Why would this only cause such a storm in our country?

2. Why is she doing TV interviews? If anything like this had happened to me I'd be morified about my idiotic, thug like behaviour, hang my head in shame and hide away.

She should not be trying to defend herself, if she had surrended to arrest when first challenged she would not have been in the position at the bottom of the stairs with a copper hitting her. Don't try to read more into the events than what happened, she was out of order and the police did what was necessary to arrest her end of story

The young woman in question claims to be epileptic, and she is the mother of a two year old child. It appears she was drunk (is that safe when you epilepsy?), violent and had committed a crime. If she hadn't been behaving this way she surely wouldn't have been in this position, would she?

Her family must be really proud of her.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

If she'd gladly given herself up for arrest in the first place none of this would've happened. She's now talking about a personal prosecution, perhaps she would also like to pay more tax than us for taking up all them officers due to her stupidity :rant:

I bet she doesn't do it again.

Here, here.

I agree that the force used by officer with the last 4 or 5 punches seems rather excessive. But the fact stands that if she had behaved her self in the first place and not done what she did, the Police wouldn't have been called, typical modern day spoilt little brat.

Is anyone actually surprised by the behaviour of the police? Its nothing new is it?.

No...the miners saw a lot of that a few years ago......

you can see a woman on the ground with an officer laid on top administering 5 punches towards the head of the woman, with other officers surrounding.

how can you say that it was towards her head?? all u can see is the punches, the women has no facial marks, this was at her arm..

YES it was totaly bang out of order, and that much force on a young women is NOT needed, was he a whimp and could'nt control a 9stone women:loopy: