Statue of Tony Blair, where should it stand?

bluecoat

Could we get it made by the artist who designed the animal in the Millenium Galleries - the piece made from old cutlery - so that it allows vision through the object?

This would have the advantage that :

a/ We'd see right through him

b/ We'd know just where the WMDs were.

overheard, two people having a discussion about the possibility of having a

statue of tony blair put up in the centre of Sheffied when he retires ,as a mark of respect for the service he has given this country.They reckon a huge

statue will also act as a tourist attraction thus bringing more money into the city.What do you think ? Where should it be sited ?

Please note I am not a supporter of this idea, just wondered what others might think. Please no long political rants or slagging off.Whilst alot of people may not like our prime minister there are may others who do and would probably love to see a statue of him.

I don,t think it would go down too well with the anti war protesters it would probably get smashed up by them if not them theres plenty of other societies around who are baying for blairs blood, surely theres better ideas for statues in sheffield than a two bit snob who gets paid too much, what about having 2 statues of footballers one from each sheffield team ,have a poll on the favourate ever player for both the sheffield teams,

something what actually means something to true sheffield familys.

Put the statue in the centre of Baghdad! hellz yea! Let the enemy KNOW we own them now!! j/k!

Ok, I like Tony Blair - but i wouldn't like a statue RIGHT now! whilst he's still primeminister. Surely they're Sheffield figures who are more deserving?

Dunno who though... Arctic Monkeys!?

Let me have a suggestion - how about a bronze statue with a brass neck of Mrs Thatcher instead, with one foot on a miner's helmet and a dole queue behind (and underneath) the other foot, with a plaque detailing her record - mass unemployment, crime doubling, repossessions running through the roof, negative equity - and we did have the Falklands War which resulted in the deaths of 260 service personnel - still around 80 more than Iraq and Afghanistan combined, with a pocket calculator in the hand without the handbag as a tribute to the fact that she didn't seem to know which year came 150 years after the Falklands became British in 1833 (Galtieri had promised his people that British rule wouldn't last 150 years on the Falklands - meaning an invasion before 1983), which begs the question "Why wasn't the Argentinian invasion prevented in the first place?" Perhaps with this reminder in every town and city throughout the land, the ungrateful amongst us might show a bit more appreciation of Blair.