Statue of Tony Blair, where should it stand?

It would look rather good at the bottom of the sea, the fish would like it!

Let me have a suggestion - how about a bronze statue with a brass neck of Mrs Thatcher instead, with one foot on a miner's helmet and a dole queue behind (and underneath) the other foot, with a plaque detailing her record - mass unemployment, crime doubling, repossessions running through the roof, negative equity - and we did have the Falklands War which resulted in the deaths of 260 service personnel - still around 80 more than Iraq and Afghanistan combined, with a pocket calculator in the hand without the handbag as a tribute to the fact that she didn't seem to know which year came 150 years after the Falklands became British in 1833 (Galtieri had promised his people that British rule wouldn't last 150 years on the Falklands - meaning an invasion before 1983), which begs the question "Why wasn't the Argentinian invasion prevented in the first place?" Perhaps with this reminder in every town and city throughout the land, the ungrateful amongst us might show a bit more appreciation of Blair.

Very well said - apart from the bit about Blair.

I like the irony of that idea - a statue of Thatcher as a monument to Truth, which would illustrate the reality of the Thatcher years, and be some sort of defence against the revisionism that seems to be going on currently, trying to completely rewrite the history of those years.

StarSparkle

So I presume there'll be yet another stealth tax to pay for it.:rant:

Remember, an anagram of TONY BLAIR MP is

I'M TORY PLAN B

outside the whitehouse USA

They won't know who he is there in a year or two, if they know now... :|

Just another pet of the Bushes...

StarSparkle

outside the whitehouse USA

just under the GW Bush statue, looking upwards lovingly I presume

Could we get it made by the artist who designed the animal in the Millenium Galleries - the piece made from old cutlery - so that it allows vision through the object?

Just for info, that sculpture is "Barking up the Right Tree" by Johnny White.

And that's £150,000 too much!!!

And looking at the league tables for all four divisions, do you honestly believe the "fall over the ball when trying to control it and miss an open goal" Nags Head brigade who play for our local sides deserve £190,000 or more a year?

Overlooking the paddock at Sedgefield racecourse where the also-rans are unsaddled!