Does the Highway Code not apply in Sheffield?

The inside lane remains empty because there is some plonker is overtaking a lorry further up the road but cant be ****&& to accelerate over 65mph whilst hes in the middle lane doing so. This also applies to lorries 'racing' each other because the lorry being overtaken wont drop to 55mph thus turning a 3 lane cariageway into a sing lane + 2 for these two racing lorries for the next 5 minutes.

The people behind dont stay in the slow lane until they reach the lorry as cars behind them wont let them out.

The inside lane remains empty because there is some plonker is overtaking a lorry further up the road but cant be ****&& to accelerate over 65mph whilst hes in the middle lane doing so. This also applies to lorries 'racing' each other because the lorry being overtaken wont drop to 55mph thus turning a 3 lane cariageway into a sing lane + 2 for these two racing lorries for the next 5 minutes.

The people behind dont stay in the slow lane until they reach the lorry as cars behind them wont let them out.

Very true but if everyone on the Motorway used it like its supposed to be used, we wouldnt have this problem

Saw an idiot in a dark green golf gti driving like a complete tit between shalesmoor and hillsborough this evening. Undertaking, swerving from lane to lane and forcing past 2 cars on the inside at the start of shalesmoor (where it goes from 2 lanes to 1).

He pulled up on langsett road, maybe though I was following him... Instead I'll report it to the police tomorrow.

Please don't post registration numbers on here - whatever the circumstances it's a breach of privacy.

If you have an issue with the driver report them to the authorities.

Ive noticed more over the past few weeks that a lot of drivers seem to be ignoring the Highway Code in Sheffield. Has something changed that we dont know about?

Ive got some examples for you all.

Junction 34 North Sliproad: Cars come down the sliproad and go through red lights, even though there is enough time and distance to stop when the lights turn to amber. Only this morning, someone jumped a red light at this roundabout, so late in fact that the traffic on the roundabout had started moving as their lights had gone to green.

M1 in general: Why is it that some people insist on driving in the middle and outside lanes when theres nothing on the inside? MOVE OVER!!! Last night, i was going home and there was an empty inside lane and everything was moving slower in the middle and outside. Ive noticed that more often than not during rush hour the inside lane tends to move quicker anyway

Which leaves me to mention my invention for all cars - indicators. Im sure a lot of cars dont have these, well if they do, not many people seem to use them.

Ive tried to put this quite light heartedly, part serious and part jokingly

i wondered also if the English language was used also as i have a hard time understanding some folk...with your.."all right ****".....and "ok duck"...and "ok love"..coming from a man to a man !!!!!!...we talk proper queens English up north here in Hull..:thumbsup:

Mmm thanks for that contribution :suspect:

My pet hate is people who can't go round bends without straying onto the other side of the road. What do they think that white line thing is there for?

Head on collisions would never happen if people stayed on the correct side of the road.

Very true but if everyone on the Motorway used it like its supposed to be used, we wouldnt have this problem

Prisoner's Dilemma 1, Community Attitudes 0.

If everybody on the motorway uses it like it should be used, you benefit from not doing so. If everybody else on the motorway *doesn't* use it properly, you benefit graetly from joining them rather than being the only muppet waiting for a big enough space to pull out.

End result; nobody does what they're supposed to.

Simon, 2 threads I've seen you in about traffic/annoyance.

Bad day on the road today by any chance?

Anybody seen a red Vauxhall Zafira, with blacked out windows and what looked like alloy wheels. Y reg?

If you do just move right out of this guys way. He (i'm only guessing it's a guy) drives like a bloody idiot. No regards to other cars, the speed limit, the highway code, well any law from what i've seen. He cuts cars up, undertakes, speeds and swaps lanes every 5 secs to jump traffic and cut back in.

Ive noticed more over the past few weeks that a lot of drivers seem to be ignoring the Highway Code in Sheffield. Has something changed that we dont know about?

Ive got some examples for you all.

Junction 34 North Sliproad: Cars come down the sliproad and go through red lights, even though there is enough time and distance to stop when the lights turn to amber. Only this morning, someone jumped a red light at this roundabout, so late in fact that the traffic on the roundabout had started moving as their lights had gone to green.

M1 in general: Why is it that some people insist on driving in the middle and outside lanes when theres nothing on the inside? MOVE OVER!!! Last night, i was going home and there was an empty inside lane and everything was moving slower in the middle and outside. Ive noticed that more often than not during rush hour the inside lane tends to move quicker anyway

Which leaves me to mention my invention for all cars - indicators. Im sure a lot of cars dont have these, well if they do, not many people seem to use them.

Ive tried to put this quite light heartedly, part serious and part jokingly

in one word - no:confused:

i hate driving. took me ages to pass!! but hate it with a passion. no they dont!!:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but the title was similar to what I was just about to post.

My understanding of general driving rules is that you should keep left unless overtaking a vehicle. All over Sheffield it seems like 80% of drivers are terrified to use 'bus-lanes', I don't consider a bus-lane a bus-lane unless it's active yet very few people seem to opt to use them. It's got to the point where I'm now doubting myself, the final straw was coming along the A61 from Chesterfield towards Sheffield city centre late one night/morning and following a local police car stuck out in the right hand lane all the way - buses aren't even running at that time you needn't even 'bother' to read the sign! I'm presuming police have some advanced driver training (I'll point out this wasn't a traffic police car), so I'm happy to hold my hands up if I'm missing something. But is the reason it seems everyone else is an idiot...is because I'm wrong?

I think you'll find that some of it is down to the changing way driving is now taught. Some instances of indicating such as when overtaking are not now required as it can cause confusion if there is a turning to the right but by no means all and it is very annoying I have to agree to have to try and second guess people. My brother in law seldom uses his indicators but my OH is meticulous in his use of them