Does the Highway Code not apply in Sheffield?

Ive noticed more over the past few weeks that a lot of drivers seem to be ignoring the Highway Code in Sheffield. Has something changed that we dont know about?

Ive got some examples for you all.

Junction 34 North Sliproad: Cars come down the sliproad and go through red lights, even though there is enough time and distance to stop when the lights turn to amber. Only this morning, someone jumped a red light at this roundabout, so late in fact that the traffic on the roundabout had started moving as their lights had gone to green.

M1 in general: Why is it that some people insist on driving in the middle and outside lanes when theres nothing on the inside? MOVE OVER!!! Last night, i was going home and there was an empty inside lane and everything was moving slower in the middle and outside. Ive noticed that more often than not during rush hour the inside lane tends to move quicker anyway

Which leaves me to mention my invention for all cars - indicators. Im sure a lot of cars dont have these, well if they do, not many people seem to use them.

Ive tried to put this quite light heartedly, part serious and part jokingly

Indicators do bug me, particularly on roundabouts - as a pedestrian waiting to cross, the fact that 60-70% of cars going straight on don't indicate is extremely annoying :)

There is no signal for going straight on. Unless it'd the hazard warning lights being on.

You think that this is limited to Sheffield? Personally I find that as I head towards London the inside lane gets emptier and emptier, until i'm the only car in it wondering if i've missed a sign telling me that it's closed.

Ive noticed more over the past few weeks that a lot of drivers seem to be ignoring the Highway Code in Sheffield. Has something changed that we dont know about?

Ive got some examples for you all.

Junction 34 North Sliproad: Cars come down the sliproad and go through red lights, even though there is enough time and distance to stop when the lights turn to amber. Only this morning, someone jumped a red light at this roundabout, so late in fact that the traffic on the roundabout had started moving as their lights had gone to green.

M1 in general: Why is it that some people insist on driving in the middle and outside lanes when theres nothing on the inside? MOVE OVER!!! Last night, i was going home and there was an empty inside lane and everything was moving slower in the middle and outside. Ive noticed that more often than not during rush hour the inside lane tends to move quicker anyway

Which leaves me to mention my invention for all cars - indicators. Im sure a lot of cars dont have these, well if they do, not many people seem to use them.

Ive tried to put this quite light heartedly, part serious and part jokingly

I tried an experiment yesterday morning, I got on M1 at A61 junction at about 6.45 am and drove all the way to Leeds in inside lane, it's quicker and less stressful because it maintains a fairly constant speed of 56mph (lorry speed) and people aren't diving in and out in front of you. Watching the traffic in outside lane disappearing behind was particularly satisfying. The conclusion I drew from this is that even when inside lane looks busy it isn't as busy as outside because there are less, albeit, larger vehicles in it and so there aren't as many people making different decisions about speeding up, slowing down, changing lanes etc and that is what slows the other lanes.

You think that this is limited to Sheffield? Personally I find that as I head towards London the inside lane gets emptier and emptier, until i'm the only car in it wondering if i've missed a sign telling me that it's closed.

I know its not limited to just Sheffield, its just I do most of my driving in Sheffield. I put that cos im sure a lot of people can relate to it.

I can imagine it gets worse in London but Ive never driven in London so I cant really comment on that. Saying that im going down to Kent tomorrow so Im sure ill get some idiot in front of me doing something stupid.

As for the sign thing, i know exactly what you mean :thumbsup:

This has got worse in recent years. Cause maybe by ignorance and maybe the macho mindset whcih says "my cars too fast to go in that lane" God knows ...but it is a pain in the neck.

Some of the idiots that have liscenses probably dont work help. My friend passed his test after 6 weeks of lessons and didn't even know how to use a rounabout when I first got in a car with him.

Its scary that he managed to pass his test!

I don't really know what to suggest to help change it, but I just wanted a little rant!