Yellow Lines in Sheffield

Those places have never been full when I've wanted to park there on Sunday's.

You would say that, wouldn't you?

What a brilliant plan to bring folk into Sheffield. Halve the number of parking places. To think that someone pays wages to you idiots to think up such stupidity.

Still the good news is that HS2 will shift the city centre out to Meadowhall as you continue to kill the current one.

But why not allow folk to pay £1, pop a ticket on the dash and park on single lines. It's nothing more than a revenue stream.

On a Sunday try parking to go to lunch at Fagan's. There's a private car park that charges a fortune and miles of deserted side roads with single yellow lines. You end up parked miles away up on Campo Lane some days.

theres a car park bang opposite fagans https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/travel/driving/parking/city-centre.html

What a brilliant plan to bring folk into Sheffield. Halve the number of parking places. To think that someone pays wages to you idiots to think up such stupidity.

Still the good news is that HS2 will shift the city centre out to Meadowhall as you continue to kill the current one.

They charge on Sunday in Council parking spaces in most major cities and the ones near here, Manchester and Leeds charge considerably more than they do in Sheffield. No- one that I have spoken to thinks that paying a pound to park all day puts anyone off. The packed Council parking spaces are ample evidence that this is true.

It's been in place for over three years, so how come you are moaning now? It's old news.

They charge on Sunday in Council parking spaces in most major cities and the ones near here, Manchester and Leeds charge considerably more than they do in Sheffield. No- one that I have spoken to thinks that paying a pound to park all day puts anyone off. The packed Council parking spaces are ample evidence that this is true.

It's been in place for over three years, so how come you are moaning now? It's old news.

I parked on the side road to imrans chicken shop on the wicker on sunday (yesterday) and it was 7-30 pm and the sign said parking still in force at that time.

£1 got me an hours worth of parking and not a full day....

Ah yes the old excuse of others do it. Sheffield city centre is a dead zone. The idea is regeneration, not just extracting parking charges out of folk whilst also preventing folks attending events.

Paying a pound to park is not the issue. Is is being unable to park because some idiots took away the right to park on single yellow lines on a Sunday. You know Sundays? They are the days when folk parking on single yellow lines causes no disruption to traffic, which of course was your excuse for painting them in the first place.

Ever wondered why they are building the HS2 station at Meadowhall? It's because no one wants to go to the city centre any more.

Ever wondered why the Moor Market is failing? It's because no one wants to go to the city centre any more.

Edited by foxy lady

HS2 at Meadowhall because it's not feasible to bring it into the city centre for several reasons.

If the city centre is dead, then why would free parking on a Sunday help? Who's going to come into a dead city centre that is currently put off by a £1 parking charge. (And there are plenty of places to park on a Sunday for that price, I've used them).

---------- Post added 31-05-2016 at 09:55 ----------

I parked on the side road to imrans chicken shop on the wicker on sunday (yesterday) and it was 7-30 pm and the sign said parking still in force at that time.

£1 got me an hours worth of parking and not a full day....

You know why that is? Because after 2030 the parking is free anyway (as the sign says here https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3868567,-1.4623129,3a,37.5y,238.61h,92.99t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sO8VpHKovshyVOY8msjOLYA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1)

So your £1 got you all day parking, which ends at 2030 when the parking becomes free until the next day at 0800.

HS2 at Meadowhall because it's not feasible to bring it into the city centre for several reasons.

If the city centre is dead, then why would free parking on a Sunday help? Who's going to come into a dead city centre that is currently put off by a £1 parking charge. (And there are plenty of places to park on a Sunday for that price, I've used them).

Who mentioned £1 charge putting folk off? Just you and planne 1. Everyone else was talking about yellow lines, and not being able to park on them.

You mentioned people being put off by these lines, and since the alternative is a £1 parking charge in the many spaces available it's basic logic that the £1 is somehow also putting people off.

Unless it's simply extreme laziness that they can't park anywhere and instead have to park metres away in a space?

I'm sure you can explain though, I await it with baited breath.

Plenty of spaces on sundays around Fagans. There's no need to worry about single yellow lines.