Yellow Lines in Sheffield

Think you're starting to deviate a little. There's no problem with parking in Sheffield on a sunday in the area mentioned. I know from practice and Planner 1 gave more detail on restrictions and where to park. It's not rocket science! It's quid to park on sundays and plenty of bays in the area you complain about, so there's no need to complain about single yellow lines.

No there aren't plenty of bays. I know. I go.

But today isn't Sunday, and I can't park where I want in Sheffield today so I'm off for lunch in Dronfield where I can park all day for free and enjoy a civilized stop without worrying about meters running over.

A number of the Double Yellows in my part of sheffield are either worn away or where they have been repainted the ends have not been put on so they are unenforceable.

---------- Post added 31-05-2016 at 12:04 ----------

So they all followed suit in trying to screw every penny out of the general public and you wonder why the city centre is dying :huh:

There's no point trying to be the eyes for the blind. They hate motorists in Sheffield and hate it even more that we won't do what they want us to do and use the buses.

N...I can't park where I want in Sheffield today so I'm off for lunch in Dronfield where I can park all day for free and enjoy a civilized stop without worrying about meters running over.

Are you claiming that you can park where you want in Dronfield?

You sound a little bit like a petulant child. I can't do what I want, wah, wah.

No there aren't plenty of bays. I know. I go.

But today isn't Sunday, and I can't park where I want in Sheffield today so I'm off for lunch in Dronfield where I can park all day for free and enjoy a civilized stop without worrying about meters running over.

No, but the posts have been in response to parking on sunday around Fagans. I know as I pass multiple times on a sunday and there are SPACES around there.

I very much doubt it's because people with money in their pockets are unwilling to pay a few pounds to park.

I feel sorry for their kids at Christmas if it was. Sorry, no presents, we had to pay to park and it would have added 0.001% to the cost of Christmas so we came home.

Why would you pay to shop in town if you can go to meadowhall and shop for free? Plus the shops in meadowhall are in most cases larger and better stocked.

Why would you pay to shop in town if you can go to meadowhall and shop for free? Plus the shops in meadowhall are in most cases larger and better stocked.

Matter of preference and free parking is a bonus that's all. I prefer Manchester, Leeds and London (when working there) to shop. Meadowhall is ok, but not really the got spread of better choice for independent retail and designers. Also, being able to wine and dine outside in fairer weather is a draw. I parked in Manchester for a flat rate of £2 at the weekend for the day. Not breaking the bank is it.

Matter of preference and free parking is a bonus that's all. I prefer Manchester, Leeds and London (when working there) to shop. Meadowhall is ok, but not really the got spread of better choice for independent retail and designers. Also, being able to wine and dine outside in fairer weather is a draw. I parked in Manchester for a flat rate of £2 at the weekend for the day. Not breaking the bank is it.

That's not an on street price, or the NCP price. Some kind of independent parking company?