Yellow Lines in Sheffield

You mentioned people being put off by these lines, and since the alternative is a £1 parking charge in the many spaces available it's basic logic that the £1 is somehow also putting people off.

Unless it's simply extreme laziness that they can't park anywhere and instead have to park metres away in a space?

I'm sure you can explain though, I await it with baited breath.

It might be in your head. There's nothing else in there. I usually go on what folk actually post rather than getting my knickers in a twist trying to comment on what they didn't say.

I actually said that when going to Fagan's on a Sunday there were streets of single yellow lines where folk could park without causing disruption. That is because single yellow lines were put there to avoid congestion DURING THE WORKING DAY. But on a Sunday that's not a problem. I would happily pay £1 to park where we used to park for free, but the idiots in planning have decided that is no longer an option. So most time when I meet my friends for Sunday lunch at Fagan's we end up parking on Campo Lane. Which is a pain at times, so instead we take lunch out of town.

---------- Post added 31-05-2016 at 10:20 ----------

Plenty of spaces on sundays around Fagans. There's no need to worry about single yellow lines.

You should try it some time.

Right, so the problem is that your legs don't work and you insist on parking right outside somewhere, otherwise you'll go elsewhere. Got it.

Where exactly did you park before the single yellow lines, Rockingham Street?

Edited by Cyclone

Right, so the problem is that your legs don't work and you insist on parking right outside somewhere, otherwise you'll go elsewhere. Got it.

Where exactly did you park before the single yellow lines, Rockingham Street?

I'm not actually old enough to remember before single yellow lines were introduced. I think that was in the 1960s. It seems between then and the improvements it was fine to park on them at weekends.

My legs work fine, but I do have friends with mobility problems who do struggle.

Edited by foxy lady

It might be in your head. There's nothing else in there. I usually go on what folk actually post rather than getting my knickers in a twist trying to comment on what they didn't say.

I actually said that when going to Fagan's on a Sunday there were streets of single yellow lines where folk could park without causing disruption. That is because single yellow lines were put there to avoid congestion DURING THE WORKING DAY. But on a Sunday that's not a problem. I would happily pay £1 to park where we used to park for free, but the idiots in planning have decided that is no longer an option. So most time when I meet my friends for Sunday lunch at Fagan's we end up parking on Campo Lane. Which is a pain at times, so instead we take lunch out of town.

---------- Post added 31-05-2016 at 10:20 ----------

You should try it some time.

I have with no issues, it seems you have a problem!

I'm not actually old enough to remember before single yellow lines were introduced. I think that was in the 1960s. It seems between then and the improvements it was fine to park on them at weekends.

My legs work fine, but I do have friends with mobility problems who do struggle.

That would be the controlled parking zone then that you don't like.

That would be the controlled parking zone then that you don't like.

No. Just the withdrawl of the ability to park on single yellow lines at weekends. I keep saying it. You seem incapable of understanding it.

---------- Post added 31-05-2016 at 11:50 ----------

I have with no issues, it seems you have a problem!

That's my choice, and clearly the choice of many others. It is why folk go to Meadowhall whilst the city centre is dying.

That's the thing. You can tell folk like me that we are wrong. But we are the customers and we get to decide where we spend our cash. 31 million motorists can't all be wrong.

A number of the Double Yellows in my part of sheffield are either worn away or where they have been repainted the ends have not been put on so they are unenforceable.

---------- Post added 31-05-2016 at 12:04 ----------

They charge on Sunday in Council parking spaces in most major cities and the ones near here, Manchester and Leeds charge considerably more than they do in Sheffield. No- one that I have spoken to thinks that paying a pound to park all day puts anyone off. The packed Council parking spaces are ample evidence that this is true.

It's been in place for over three years, so how come you are moaning now? It's old news.

So they all followed suit in trying to screw every penny out of the general public and you wonder why the city centre is dying :huh:

Edited by Berberis

A number of the Double Yellows in my part of sheffield are either worn away or where they have been repainted the ends have not been put on so they are unenforceable.

---------- Post added 31-05-2016 at 12:04 ----------

So they all followed suit in trying to screw every penny out of the general public and you wonder why the city centre is dying :huh:

I very much doubt it's because people with money in their pockets are unwilling to pay a few pounds to park.

I feel sorry for their kids at Christmas if it was. Sorry, no presents, we had to pay to park and it would have added 0.001% to the cost of Christmas so we came home.

No. Just the withdrawl of the ability to park on single yellow lines at weekends. I keep saying it. You seem incapable of understanding it.

---------- Post added 31-05-2016 at 11:50 ----------

That's my choice, and clearly the choice of many others. It is why folk go to Meadowhall whilst the city centre is dying.

That's the thing. You can tell folk like me that we are wrong. But we are the customers and we get to decide where we spend our cash. 31 million motorists can't all be wrong.

Think you're starting to deviate a little. There's no problem with parking in Sheffield on a sunday in the area mentioned. I know from practice and Planner 1 gave more detail on restrictions and where to park. It's not rocket science! It's quid to park on sundays and plenty of bays in the area you complain about, so there's no need to complain about single yellow lines.