Loan Shark Made Homeless

31 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Shame they can't just give her the loan shark's house. Though that would involve living in Newport.

Newport- Burngreave.

Not much in it to be fair

😉 

Edited by Al Bundy

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Newport- Burngreave.

Not much in it to be fair

😉

I know people who've lived in Newport, so an easy choice. Although I'd take Newport over Merthyr, that makes Thurnscoe look desirable

23 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I know people who've lived in Newport, so an easy choice. Although I'd take Newport over Merthyr, that makes Thurnscoe look desirable

I concur.

Did some contracting work in and around the Merthyr area, still gives me nightmares 30 years later!!

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

Older my arse, I was in my prime at age 56, wash your mouth out. :loopy:

Doesn't matter if you're in your prime; a pavement is just as cold and hard if you're 26 or 56.

Moreover a council telling a woman that she'd cope living on the streets is just shocking. The average mortality age of a woman living on the street is 43 years old, and the council will know this. So to be so blase when they know she's in for an early death is sickening.

24 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Doesn't matter if you're in your prime; a pavement is just as cold and hard if you're 26 or 56.

Moreover a council telling a woman that she'd cope living on the streets is just shocking. The average mortality age of a woman living on the street is 43 years old, and the council will know this. So to be so blase when they know she's in for an early death is sickening.

Just let blokes sleep on the pavement, they are as tough as old boots?

6 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Just let blokes sleep on the pavement, they are as tough as old boots?

No I wasn't saying that. 

No-one should be condemned to a life on the street. 

We're the 6th richest country in the world. There's no need

• Like 1

It would be wonderful if it and many other such things were history, but they’re not, I wish that I had the answer, but I don’t. Folk running amok with knives and swords also concerns me, but once again I don’t have the answer.

I reckon that as long as we show our concerns, our questions  might just be a little closer to being answered.

15 minutes ago, crookesey said:

It would be wonderful if it and many other such things were history, but they’re not, I wish that I had the answer, but I don’t. Folk running amok with knives and swords also concerns me, but once again I don’t have the answer.

I reckon that as long as we show our concerns, our questions  might just be a little closer to being answered.

Folk running around with knives, is something that's beyond our control as a society. Homelessness should never be accepted. Even if on a short term basis, people have to live in a B&B until something more permanent becomes available, that's preferable to being told 'you'll manage living on the street'. What kind of a head**** is that?

Concerns mean nothing until officialdom get off their arses and work to a solution. We eradicated rough sleeping during the pandemic; and under the last Labour Government rough sleeping was cut bu over two thirds.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Folk running around with knives, is something that's beyond our control as a society. Homelessness should never be accepted. Even if on a short term basis, people have to live in a B&B until something more permanent becomes available, that's preferable to being told 'you'll manage living on the street'. What kind of a head**** is that?

Concerns mean nothing until officialdom get off their arses and work to a solution. We eradicated rough sleeping during the pandemic; and under the last Labour Government rough sleeping was cut bu over two thirds.

People live in vans these days, there are thousands of them. Some say its great.

Is our society out of control and more violent?

Homelessness can be a choice, but anyone 'running around' with knives needs hospitalisation or jail. Getting treatment for mental ilness is difficult in the times when we have 171 billionaires!

The deaths of three people during a terror attack in Reading were avoidable, an inquest has determined.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/26/reading-terror-attack-deaths-avoidable-inquest

• Like 1