Loan Shark Made Homeless

12 hours ago, Mister M said:

Folk running around with knives, is something that's beyond our control as a society. Homelessness should never be accepted. Even if on a short term basis, people have to live in a B&B until something more permanent becomes available, that's preferable to being told 'you'll manage living on the street'. What kind of a head**** is that?

Concerns mean nothing until officialdom get off their arses and work to a solution. We eradicated rough sleeping during the pandemic; and under the last Labour Government rough sleeping was cut bu over two thirds.

Well if maniacs running around with knives is beyond society’s control we might as well throw the towel in on all things that concern us. :huh:

13 hours ago, El Cid said:

People live in vans these days, there are thousands of them. Some say its great.

Is our society out of control and more violent?

Homelessness can be a choice, but anyone 'running around' with knives needs hospitalisation or jail. Getting treatment for mental ilness is difficult in the times when we have 171 billionaires!

The deaths of three people during a terror attack in Reading were avoidable, an inquest has determined.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/26/reading-terror-attack-deaths-avoidable-inquest

“billionaires “  ?

16 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Nobody should sleep on the pavement unless it's by their own choice 

Its good that there is a story about being homeless, but this storyMe is only top news because its a woman. The 56 year old in the news prefered not to work, because benefits paid for her housing.

9 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Its good that there is a story about being homeless, but this storyMe is only top news because its a woman. The 56 year old in the news prefered not to work, because benefits paid for her housing.

Actually she was interviewed on Radio4 this morning, she appeared to say that it was easier to find accommodation if she didn’t have a job. Nothing would surprise me of what happens in Benefits Britain. :huh:

8 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Actually she was interviewed on Radio4 this morning, she appeared to say that it was easier to find accommodation if she didn’t have a job. Nothing would surprise me of what happens in Benefits Britain. :huh:

Yes, that is where I heard it. I thought that the Tories were meant to make work pay?

5 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Yes, that is where I heard it. I thought that the Tories were meant to make work pay?

The Tories aren’t interested in hopeless cases like her, I hazard a guess that she would do better under a Labour government. 

27 minutes ago, El Cid said:

That's just a slogan, they haven't really done anything to make it a reality.

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Holy smoke. Feckless woman won’t work . Blame the Tories . :rolleyes:

Blame the Government, didnt Cameron get elected by cracking down on scroungers?