New Colours For First Buses In South Yorkshire

Just now, Resident said:

Capacity isn't required externally, only internally.

Fleet numbers (if anyone is interested) (1)

SL67 VXA (prominantly pictured in the OP) - 35273 (2)
SL67 VWO (pictured in the background) - 35263  (2)

(1) Thank  you - I thought that was the case.

(2) Most won't be - but I just checked my current FSY fleet-list out of curiosity  - these two have just been repainted from Leeds green livery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

(1) Thank  you - I thought that was the case.

(2) Most won't be - but I just checked my current FSY fleet-list out of curiosity  - these two have just been repainted from Leeds green livery.

AFAIK the plan at FSY is to slow replace the aging Volvo Geminis with newer Streetdecks, these two being the first ones. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Resident said:

AFAIK the plan at FSY is to slow replace the aging Volvo Geminis with newer Streetdecks, these two being the first ones. 

It’s the same in Norfolk, my old patch Resident. As certain areas get electric buses, the redundant ones are cascaded down to other areas.

3 minutes ago, Resident said:

As of 12/05 they had 7 ex-Leeds at OG, although four are marked as 'reserve'.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Quite often, it is not the bus company's fault that services don't run on time - have you seen the amount of traffic on the roads?

Admittedly, some of the services have no 'padding' time to accommodate this unavoidable  disruption, but when they design the timetables, they do so assuming there is no other traffic on the roads - a certain other forum I frequent has many actual bus drivers on it, and you wouldn't believe how many complaints there are on there.

a. Horrible as some of the liveries are, I don't think you can confuse an FSY vehicle with, for instance, an SSY one.

b. My eyes are not that good these days - an 'age' thing - but I don't 'squint' to see the service number.

It's not that they don't often run on time, quite often the service running near me has had several scheduled buses 'missing' and I mean, quite often.  This means if you are using the service for work or to attend an important appointment - forget it!  I'd love to use the buses again, I really would but not until some efficiency returns.

3 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

It's not that they don't often run on time, quite often the service running near me has had several scheduled buses 'missing' and I mean, quite often.  This means if you are using the service for work or to attend an important appointment - forget it!  I'd love to use the buses again, I really would but not until some efficiency returns.

Out of curiosity, which service?

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Maybe, but don't we need a bit of colour?  Life's grey enough at the moment....

A bus is a bus is a bus, and having a standard colour scheme across your fleet makes intergroup transfers much easier.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

A bus is a bus is a bus, and having a standard colour scheme across your fleet makes intergroup transfers much easier.

What about yellow?

American Taxi / school bus yellow, with a grey streak if you like.

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

What about yellow?

American Taxi / school bus yellow, with a grey streak if you like.

For the whole of the FirstGroup fleet? And yellow is a colour that soon looks dirty.

• Like 1