New Colours For First Buses In South Yorkshire

58 minutes ago, Neal M said:

I’m a big fan of the late 70’s/early 80’s coffee and cream look, so that was the historical nod I was alluding to. I really disliked the red and yellow that came later.

As you say, the individual corporations had different liveries, so they wouldn’t work for a unified service.

Good call there Neal M. The BIG question now is how do you like your coffee? The first manifestation of the coffee/cream combo in 1974 had a very milky coffee, later the coffee was much darker. The later one was my choice, but there still wasn’t enough of it.

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I wish Stagecoach would get themselves a better livery as well - the current one is horrible.

Twas ever thus.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Twas ever thus.

I don't understand Stagecoach - the corporate (standard) livery is absolute carp, but they can do a much better one - the 'Gold' is quite nice.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I don't understand Stagecoach - the corporate (standard) livery is absolute carp, but they can do a much better one - the 'Gold' is quite nice.

“Absolute carp”. Yep, it’s always been a bit fishy to me.🥲.

Agreed, the gold livery is, err, gold.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Good call there Neal M. The BIG question now is how do you like your coffee? The first manifestation of the coffee/cream combo in 1974 had a very milky coffee, later the coffee was much darker. The later one was my choice, but there still wasn’t enough of it.

I hadn’t realized that difference before!

I was born in ‘74, so most of my memories will be of the later look.

7 minutes ago, Neal M said:

I hadn’t realized that difference before!

I was born in ‘74, so most of my memories will be of the later look.

Fair comment. There were some excellent photos of the different liveries posted by hillsbro in a different thread some time back. I haven’t got a clue how you’d find them but they illustrated perfectly the variations between the early and later coffee and creams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GabrielC said:

It's ok I suppose if a bit boring. I still think Sheffield Transport blue and cream with the coat of arms they used on the old trams and buses looked miles better.

As it replaces the present corporate 'Olympia' livery, and will be applied to the vast majority of the FirstBus fleet, I somehow don't think they would be choosing the ex-STD livery - especially with the city's coat of arms. 😀

• Like 1