Beighton Wetherspoons

55 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

I'm willing to part with a little bit more money to get a quiter dining experience personally 👍

You're reyt posh, and loaded! ;) 

Wetherspoons has a place in the pub sector. It's not for everyone. I've used them the odd time...and yes, they were 'odd' Well, most of them. Not my first choice for a quiet, relaxed chat and a pint! I seem to remember they did a decent breakfast at good money (going back a good few years)

• Haha 1

Some Wetherspoons are better than others but on a whole I don’t dislike them. They may not be to everyone’s taste and you can’t compare them to fine dining restaurants but I think they offer value for money. 

I have only been in the Beighton Wetherspoons  once when I stayed with friends overnight in Killamarsh after Christmas, I treated them to breakfast before heading home to Newcastle.  The large room was nice and cosy, not to busy but it was mid morning and mainly people having breakfast. Coffee is excellent value a good choice and only £1.56 cup with free refills.  
However I’m sure later in the day the atmosphere is different  when the boozers start to fill the place up.

13 hours ago, Mindbending said:

Great place, great staff but the clientele OMG. Loads of drunk loud mouth scroats. 

It's just as rowdy as The Banker's Draft & Penny Black in there. Sadly someone was stabbed to death in the next pub along (Gypsy Queen) a few years ago. There are some decent and respectable people in the Beighton area but also a lot of rough riff raff. Areas like Parson Cross etc unfairly get a bad rap when areas like Beighton and Westfield are just as bad if not worse. Also not everyone in the pub will be from the area, God gave us 2 legs for a reason but yes I agree with you there are some rough people that drink in there. I have found the staff to be a mixture in there, some are polite and pleasant and some just grunt at you. It needs more bench seating too I think. I can't sit on stand alone chairs for too long as I find it uncomfortable. 

The Drakehouse Mill up the road is quite a nice pub, apart from the kids TV channels playing in every corner that make it feel like a creche.

• Like 1