One Year Of Sheffield's Clean Air Zone: Polluting Vehicles Fall By Two-Thirds

1 minute ago, SheffieldForum said:

Wow— some severe cynicism!

I mean, it’s been stated time and time again that it isn’t intended to extend to private vehicles and so far it hasn’t. Surely it would be political suicide for them to go back on that now?

Some of us are aware of many instances of SCC, or its agents being, as I said before 'economical with the truth', and/or rather disingenuous.

I am sure you are aware of the 'Street Trees' issue, and the rather long official inquiry which followed, the results of which caused a change at the top of the council hierarchy, and 'promise' to mend their ways?

34 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Wow— some severe cynicism!

I mean, it’s been stated time and time again that it isn’t intended to extend to private vehicles and so far it hasn’t. Surely it would be political suicide for them to go back on that now?

My bold.

I prefer the term suspicion. 

Politics and lying goes hand in hand and whilst it is possible he could be telling the truth its just as likely he's telling porkies. As I've said a few times Time will tell. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

I prefer the term suspicion. 

Politics and lying goes hand in hand and whilst it is possible he could be telling the truth its just as likely he's telling porkies. As I've said a few times Time will tell. 

Just wait until the CAZ data is released.  The air inside the CAZ will be as clear, clean & as fresh as that at the top of a Swiss Alp.  20ft outside the CAZ, the air will as thick as an oli rig workers jock strap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2