Bus Madness

3 minutes ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

Today, amidst the brisk air of Sheffield, I found myself navigating the familiar routine of catching the 48 bus to embark on my daily journey. With a sense of urgency, I hastened my pace down the lively streets, eager to reach the bus stop before the scheduled departure. However, despite my diligent efforts to beat the clock, fate seemed to conspire against me. As I approached the stop, my heart sank with dismay upon witnessing the all-too-familiar sight of the bus departing, its engine humming as it disappeared around the corner. A wave of frustration washed over me, accompanied by a twinge of regret for not having left a minute earlier. In that fleeting moment, time stood still as I grappled with the realization of missing the bus, knowing that it would inevitably set me back on my journey. Yet, amidst the disappointment, there was a silver lining to be found amidst the chaos of urban life. With a deep breath, I took solace in the bustling energy of Sheffield, the vibrant tapestry of humanity that surrounded me serving as a reminder that life's greatest adventures often unfold in the unexpected moments. Though I missed the 48 bus today, I found solace in the rhythm of the city, embracing the serendipitous detour that awaited me, knowing that every missed connection is merely a stepping stone on the journey of life.

There is no service in South Yorkshire numbered 48.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Guest busdriver1
19 minutes ago, Resident said:

There is no service in South Yorkshire numbered 48.

Aww dont pick on him/ her, he / She is clearly part of the new Sheffield promotion  regime and thinks that spinning stories and putting an emphasis on the " bustling / Vibrant City centre" will magically fix everything. Highlighting his / her posts the way a child would makes them even more important of noteworthy.

On 12/02/2024 at 16:56, YorkieontheTyne said:

Of course they’re competing. They are two private independent companies, how can they not be competing?

How are they  competing on the 86 please explain 

On 12/02/2024 at 14:22, MJ01 said:

I suggested that - & got the response that I clearly did not understand his / her question

I am not saying there are comprehensive timetables showing the whole service simply that for those not in the know and go to google and click on the first link which could be stagecoach or first they will have no way of knowing different companies operate on the same route 

1 hour ago, BigAl1 said:

I am not saying there are comprehensive timetables showing the whole service simply that for those not in the know and go to google and click on the first link which could be stagecoach or first they will have no way of knowing different companies operate on the same route 

I recently looked at the Sainsburys website only to find that they didn't display any Tesco products, prices or store opening hours

Grrrrr

*shakes fist

* clutches pearls

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, MJ01 said:

I recently looked at the Sainsburys website only to find that they didn't display any Tesco products, prices or store opening hours

Grrrrr

*shakes fist

* clutches pearls

Hmmm... :huh:

I much prefer the way Mr Risen tells 'em! :hihi:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, MJ01 said:

Grrrrr

*shakes fist

* clutches pearls

I repeat that on the 86 route there is no competition

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

As said, bustimes.org is the best resource for timetables. Stagecoach wouldn't be privy to latest timetable information at First and vice versa. Two separate offices and two separate businesses.

Why not the TSY site?