Police Called To Stop Filming During Piano Livestream

Hello everyone! :wave:

I was watching this develop live on YouTube on Friday afternoon, and since then it appears have escalated to doing the rounds on social media.

If anyone's interested, there's a live interview at 9:15pm tonight on the Mike Graham show on TalkTV

Apparently China state TV is trying to get the video taken down for filming them in a public place in London.

Your thoughts! :)

14 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

If anyone's interested, there's a live interview at 9:15pm tonight on the Mike Graham show on TalkTV

Will he be talking about ways to grow more concrete? 🤣

• Haha 1

Was an interesting back and though I also follow the piano player .

Alls well that ends well.

He handled it properly unlike those " auditor " types who are entitled and confrontatial from the off

Did it state it was State tv ?

I did not catch that but its a peg certain people would want to attach

• Like 1

He was very good at playing the piano. I don’t watch TalK TV but I’ll record the interview.

All the Chinese had to do was move away from the piano. 

Welcome back Mr Bloke.  

• Thanks 1

The ones with Terry Miles are so joyful

• Like 1

I have just googled Terry Miles, he is good at playing the piano.

• Like 1

I got the feeling it was a setup.

If i'm wrong, as above, the Chinese people could have just moved away. But they stood watching him for a while before they decided it was time to tell him he had no right to film 'them', then got a tad upset when he touched that woman's flag (take note...NEVER touch a woman's flag!) Then call the police? I got a bit bored after that, so not sure what the police outcome was.

All seems very strange to me, but it's obviously not the first time there's been an "incident"; it looks like someone complained that he'd moved on of the pianos on this one.
At least he always seems to be pleasant and polite

Though this one led to a TV interview as well
I do like his music, and since it's being filmed, arguably for commercial gain, I hope he's followed the station rules; it would be a shame if he was banned.
https://stpancras.com/filming-photography-and-events

The pianos have become an integral part of the station’s community and have inspired many impromptu performances by countless members of public, young and old. The pianos bring people together and become a catalyst for conversation as people watch performances as they’re passing through. As part of the station’s planned annual event schedule, the pianos have also played host to flash mobs, professional orchestras, professional musicians, charity events and exciting famous faces, much to the delight of star-struck onlookers. More information on the famous faces who have played at the station can be found here. 

You can also see some of the public’s impromptu performances on social media via the hashtag #PianistsofStPancras. 

As primarily the pianos are for general enjoyment, we ask that anyone wishing to perform, photograph or film at the pianos for commercial gain, apply to use it for this purpose via the same form and contacts as below. This allows us to manage the pianos in a fair way, ensuring that the public can continue to tinkle the ivories for enjoyment as they pass through, but also allows us to give you the appropriate support needed for your activity should you need it for commercial reasons.

I've just watched the interview and apparently the video has now gone viral.

Hmmm... :huh:

I wonder why that never happened when The Baubles played at Padders Bar? :hihi:

Edited by Mr Bloke
Just added the TalkTV interview
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

I've just watched the interview and apparently the video has now gone viral.

Hmmm... :huh:

Might have been their baubles that put folk off...........................

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

Speaking of the Baubles, when will they be making their next appearance at Padders Bar?  I know the main man has been away for a while, but what a way to welcome him back - by arranging another gig there with him.  You could get rehersing now, so you are ready for a February event perhaps......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Thirsty Relic said:

Speaking of the Baubles, when will they be making their next appearance at Padders Bar?  I know the main man has been away for a while, but what a way to welcome him back - by arranging another gig there with him.  You could get rehersing now, so you are ready for a February event perhaps......

Swing them baubles :banana:

• Haha 1