Joey Barton

He says women shouldn’t commentate on mens football,is he right?

• Like 1

He's a tw@t, he was as a player, and clearly hasn't changed. I wouldn't listen to a word he says personally.....

• Haha 2

Yes if the women is there as a box ticking exercise like the female presenters of snooker, boxing etc (commentators too).

Regarding football. We keep hearing how women's football is amazing, it's awesome,  it's the future. So why don't these women choose to focus on the women's game and commentate on that? 

• Thanks 1

Why shouldn't women commentate on men's sports?

Men have been commentating on women's sports for long enough, and hardly anyone has complained.

This Barton bloke needs to grow up.

36 minutes ago, HallamGirl said:

He's a tw@t, he was as a player, and clearly hasn't changed. I wouldn't listen to a word he says personally.....

He says the same about women commentators apparently.😂 The listening bit I mean not the first bit. As Daddy says, it’s a box ticking exercise. I don’t have a problem with them fundamentally but I really want to listen to ex players that have played at that level, which women haven’t.  Women play at around the same level as 15/16 year old boys, should we allow them to commentate as an expert pundit I mean. However, as just a match commentator then it shouldn’t be that big an issue, is it? 
It’s all linked to de-populating the planet anyhow.😂😂😂

They don’t appear to have any with past facial injury’s , tattoos and strong regional accents do they?

5 minutes ago, crookesey said:

They don’t appear to have any with past facial injury’s , tattoos and strong regional accents do they?

That's an advantage in my book!

1 hour ago, ukdobby said:

He says women shouldn’t commentate on mens football,is he right?

Yes.

• Like 1

I just wish commentators would stop coming out with stupid comments such as, " he was just about onside" he was either onside or he wasn't. Then there is the "he cleared that off the line" when in fact it was almost on the edge of the 6 yard box.

Who cares, watching other men run around in shorts is highly suspect anyway.