Stagecoach 10 Minute Frequency

BigAl1

Got off the train yesterday at Sheffield after a month away and saw poster advertising from Stagecoach saying that there was a 10 minute frequency from the station to the city centre. Wow I thought that is good news. 

however when I got to the tram stop I saw it was a LIE and that there timetable had not changed and at best there was a 12 minute frequency 

Why couldn’t Stagecoach be honest for once?

as Padders said elsewhere today why tell lies?

You mean the tram?

There are 6 trams an hour if you include the purple route, which operates on a different timetable to the yellow, so it wasnt far wrong.  Think that poster is a legacy poster they really should update though, it did used to be 8 trams a hour (6 blue and 2 purple)

2 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

Got off the train yesterday at Sheffield after a month away and saw poster advertising from Stagecoach saying that there was a 10 minute frequency from the station to the city centre. Wow I thought that is good news. 

however when I got to the tram stop I saw it was a LIE and that there timetable had not changed and at best there was a 12 minute frequency 

Why couldn’t Stagecoach be honest for once?

as Padders said elsewhere today why tell lies?

Forget anything Stagecoach say about the tram . The timetables in the stops round here are dated Sept 2022 . 

6 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

They should add slightly late delays due to adverse conditions..2 minutes is not bad is it !

And it's got nothing to do with that either. The Blue route was timetabled back to a 12 minute frequency some time ago, sod all to do with the weather. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

100% crap.

I very rarely used this term, as it gets banded about incorrectly far too often. But you are a 100% troll who obviously has no knowledge of the rail industry. Off you pop back under your bridge. Far too fishy for my liking.

4 hours ago, RollingJ said:

What has that got to do with their *advertised* frequency?

It can affect punctuality. It retards acceleration and increases braking time. I've worked many a train with wheel slip, you can feel the train trying to accelerate but there just isn't the friction. This can also cause something called wheel flats, which requires the vehicle to be taken out of service, which can also disrupt frequency. I hope this helps.

3 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

They should add slightly late delays due to adverse conditions..2 minutes is not bad is it !

The signs are GPS tracked on the electronic boards but you raise a good idea, the printed timetables could take in to account leaf fall season. As you say, 2 minutes isn't much of a wait. I do find the tram far more reliable than buses still though.

• Like 1