COVID THREAD

27 minutes ago, top4718 said:

He meant he hoped you'd abandoned ship as their narrative collapses more each day there's not a lot really worth discussing anymore, I said ages ago these people will cling onto what they've been conned by forever and a day because to admit so is far too big a hill to climb.

Just booked a short notice long weekend in Barcelona, not bad for someone who would be "spending holidays in this country for the foreseeable" 🤣🤣

Good how you make can light of policies that have been an absolute disaster to fight a minor virus that your somehow terrified of, strange behaviour.

When were you told you would be “spending holidays in this country for the foreseeable “ ?

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

When were you told you would be “spending holidays in this country for the foreseeable “ ?

I've already gone through this, it was either on this thread or the one when idiots were advocating vax passports at football games can't remember which but it was said, if I had hours to waste I'd find it.

Guest sibon
11 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I've already gone through this, it was either on this thread or the one when idiots were advocating vax passports at football games can't remember which but it was said, if I had hours to waste I'd find it.

Takes a few seconds if you use the search facility.

Up there ^^^ big magnifying glass icon. Search top4718 and forseeable.

You'll get one match. From 2014🤣😍😍😍

44 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Roughly when , 6 months, 12 months, 18 months ago ?

33 minutes ago, sibon said:

Takes a few seconds if you use the search facility.

Up there ^^^ big magnifying glass icon. Search top4718 and forseeable.

You'll get one match. From 2014🤣😍😍😍

Didn’t realise that   :thumbsup:

Norbert said What if the heart attack was induced by Covid? I had Covid O a couple of months ago and when I went out for the first time afterwards I felt like I was going to have a heart attack after a quarter mile - I normally walk 40 miles a week.

I met an old friend out shopping and he had had a heart attack while laid up in bed with Covid Delta.

You appear to be saying we should call that a Covid death "just to be on the safe side". But it is "just being on the safe side" that led to the biggest over reaction in the history of the world (particularly after about April 2021 when nearly all the vulnerable had been vaccinated). And it is an over reaction we are just starting to pay for now.

TBH I have less sympathy for people adversely affected by the current cost of living crisis (and the recession we are about to enter) if they were in favour of all this Covid suppression and lockdowns, and more sympathy for people who are adversely affected but were against Covid suppression.

Edited by Chekhov

38 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

TBH I have less sympathy for people adversely affected by the current cost of living crisis (and the recession we are about to enter) if they were in favour of all this Covid suppression and lockdowns, and more sympathy for people who are adversely affected but were against Covid suppression.

So essentially you have little sympathy for the powers that be who were responsible for the actions that you define as suppressionist.

As for the general population who had as much choice and influence as you in mainly abiding by the rules are now getting what they deserve?

Not all the worlds ills are down to the pandemic,much as you would like to believe.

Pandemic or not I'd just be happy if things were operating normally now, instead of Covid being wheeled out as an excuse for every lack of service going. It's all but impossible to see a doctor face to face, to get an NHS dentist, to speak to anyone properly on the phone.

Everyone seems permanently fed up and damaged. No wonder mental health is going down the pan.

12 minutes ago, RJRB said:

So essentially you have little sympathy for the powers that be who were responsible for the actions that you define as suppressionist.

As for the general population who had as much choice and influence as you in mainly abiding by the rules are now getting what they deserve?

Not all the worlds ills are down to the pandemic,much as you would like to believe.

Checkov was inconvenienced buy Covid so that's why he's angry.  He doesn't seem to care about others just the fact that he/his family were not able to do somethings. Nobody knew how bad Covid was going to be when it first arrived.

4 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

Checkov was inconvenienced buy Covid so that's why he's angry.  He doesn't seem to care about others just the fact that he/his family were not able to do somethings. Nobody knew how bad Covid was going to be when it first arrived.

I think you'll find Dr Checkov analysed a month or so of data and used his non-existent knowledge to extrapolate to "no long term effects".

He might be along to verify the above soon.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Norbert said What if the heart attack was induced by Covid? I had Covid O a couple of months ago and when I went out for the first time afterwards I felt like I was going to have a heart attack after a quarter mile - I normally walk 40 miles a week.

I met an old friend out shopping and he had had a heart attack while laid up in bed with Covid Delta.

You appear to be saying we should call that a Covid death "just to be on the safe side". But it is "just being on the safe side" that led to the biggest over reaction in the history of the world (particularly after about April 2021 when nearly all the vulnerable had been vaccinated). And it is an over reaction we are just starting to pay for now.

Well, no surprise from me, you've shown consistently you're an extremist, obsessional, right wing and that you lack empathy

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Pandemic or not I'd just be happy if things were operating normally now, instead of Covid being wheeled out as an excuse for every lack of service going.

Agree. Missing trains and bins not collected because of "staff shortages".  We had better services during lockdown.

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

Everyone seems permanently fed up and damaged. No wonder mental health is going down the pan.

Speaking of over reactions.....