Winter Weather 2023/2024

8 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Isn’t that trumping?

Not for people with digestive tracts that function normally.

19 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Not for people with digestive tracts that function normally.

Soz Doctor.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RollingJ said:

SCC/Amey - although I suppose it may drop to near freezing?

Not even close to on the forecast the entire week... think someone just needed to give them a test run before it genuinely did get frosty perhaps 

7 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Not even close to on the forecast the entire week... think someone just needed to give them a test run before it genuinely did get frosty perhaps 

I think you are correct - not forecast to fall below 10C.

The line from Sheffield to Doncaster has now reopened and trains are running through, thankfully.

Renishaw, Eckington, Catcliffe and Waverley all still flooded

• Thanks 1

Well , lets just think there has always been climate change , if not we would still be in the Ice Age . Thing is so many are just wimps . Get a grip , we are Northerners , we cope . 

9 hours ago, pfifes said:

Renishaw, Eckington, Catcliffe and Waverley all still flooded

I saw that on Look North , it's time that the bloody Council took more care in sorting the flood barriers out . It's not on saying it won't happen again , of course it will 

4 hours ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Well , lets just think there has always been climate change , if not we would still be in the Ice Age . Thing is so many are just wimps . Get a grip , we are Northerners , we cope . 

I saw that on Look North , it's time that the bloody Council took more care in sorting the flood barriers out . It's not on saying it won't happen again , of course it will 

As I've said before, post 2007 they did sort flood defences. The problem is that there was no co-ordination with Sheffield council. RMBC installed defences for the level of water that caused the 07 floods but then SCC installed flood defences which has caused more water to head downstream and overwhelmed the defences in Catcliffe etc. 

10 hours ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Aye, when your entire home and possessions are ruined by flood water, untreated sewage and whatever else flowing the through the house, and your spending the night in a sports hall with your kids in tow, stop being a wimp and just get a grip eh? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

I saw last nights Look North report.  Carefully chosen figures spouted but not a word about all buildings, houses as well as industrial units, that have gone upon the nearby flood plains.

The water has to go somewhere, it looks like it's diverting to Catcliffe.

7 hours ago, Resident said:

As I've said before, post 2007 they did sort flood defences. The problem is that there was no co-ordination with Sheffield council. RMBC installed defences for the level of water that caused the 07 floods but then SCC installed flood defences which has caused more water to head downstream and overwhelmed the defences in Catcliffe etc. 

Well something must have gone wrong somewhere despite all the millions spent on flood defences & dredging / clearing of rivers. 

Heard Paul Hudson last night state there was actually LESS rainfall this time round than back in 2007.

Weather warnings,

Storms with names,

Got a new phenomenon now "Super fog"

What will they think of next?