Leeds V Sheffield Wednesday Fc

Leeds had some decent spells of possession and pressure as you'd expect the home side to, the Owls could have nicked it with great chances for Windass and Pato, a credible draw and something to build on in the break.

Wednesday battled well, especially without the ball and looked far more solid and resolute than previous games, and transitioned into attack well at times, again an odd looking line up with players out of position. Leeds rarely got in behind and were reduced to long range efforts and falling over to win free kicks around the box, especially the much hyped gnonto.

Wednesdays passing was poor inside the leeds half, the choice and execution left a lot to be desired and often while defending there was no out ball to take the pressure off so it kept comming back. As in recent weeks not enough Wednesday bodies in their box for the man in possession, hence the poor pass completion in their final third.

No idea where goals are going to come from, Gregory was out wide and weve not a lot of goals in the side which was why we got relegated from the championship last time, again weve had all summer to nail this issue and its been a long term recruitment flaw.

So overall they were much improved on the last performance and have a break to work on an offensive game plan which will be a huge test for the manager given the current squads limitations.

• Like 2

Still can not believe the new manager doesn"t seem to see that Johnson & Reece James on the left would make the better in the attacking area,hope things get better now after this encouraging display

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1295galaxy said:

Still can not believe the new manager doesn"t seem to see that Johnson & Reece James on the left would make the better in the attacking area,hope things get better now after this encouraging display

It's obvious he has had a falling out with MJ.

He seems a sulky sort, always throwing his arms around and has a face like a smacked arse, guessing Xisco doesn't want negativity around the place.

29 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

It's obvious he has had a falling out with MJ.

He seems a sulky sort, always throwing his arms around and has a face like a smacked arse

Yes. But what has Johnson done wrong?

• Haha 1

On 02/09/2023 at 20:20, ukdobby said:

A fair result,both teams could have nicked it,why didn't Windass dink it over the keeper with his one on one,a big i.mprovement. 

That's the difference between a top class player/finisher and a 2nd class finisher. Windass is probably a mid table Championship finisher. He's the best we can expect and he will score a few and will gain us a few points.

I'm well pleased with the point at L***s, I expected a stuffing to be honest. Reece James would improve our attacking prowess and I'd include him in the starting line up.

On 02/09/2023 at 20:20, ukdobby said:

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Hope Mr Chansiri as not told the new manager that because Johnson & james were Darren Moores signings and he didn"t want them,not to pick them or give them a chance in the side

35 million smackers , that is just what one Leeds player cost . 2 million smackers the complete Owls squad  .

Sums up togga dunt it .

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

35 million smackers , that is just what one Leeds player cost . 2 million smackers the complete Owls squad  .

Sums up togga dunt it .

And not worth it.

3 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Sums up togga dunt it .

I don’t like it when the money is the b all and end all, I’m sure that you feel similar. If the manager ‘manages’ to work wonders and keeps us in this division I reckon that we’ll be playing Leeds next season.

12 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I don’t like it when the money is the b all and end all, I’m sure that you feel similar. If the manager ‘manages’ to work wonders and keeps us in this division I reckon that we’ll be playing Leeds next season.

I don't like it but it is   look at the premier league . Twenty million quids being paid for nondescript players

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

I don't like it but it is   look at the premier league . Twenty million quids being paid for nondescript players

Put the money into our own training and development, we could then start dealing with those paying daft money. Having said that we need the staff to do this.

Edited by crookesey