Leeds V Sheffield Wednesday Fc

2 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Lads taking me to Elland rd Saturday,we’ll have a good day out but Wednesday will spoil it.

Enjoy the day with your Lads and don't let the football spoil it too much.

I'd gladly give both my arms and legs to have my Dad at games with me again.

Edited by Alextopman
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Enjoy the day with your Lads and don't let the football spoil it too much.

I'd gladly give both my arms and legs to have my Dad at games with me again.

Hi Alex. Dad's have a lot for us to thank. My  Dad first took me to the Lane in 1954.  70 years of heartbreak and happiness !!

5 minutes ago, Runningman said:

Hi Alex. Dad's have a lot for us to thank. My  Dad first took me to the Lane in 1954.  70 years of heartbreak and happiness !!

I was walking out of the Lane with my Dad a few years ago and a little Lad was walking out with his Dad, my Dad said "He's got some pain to come I've been coming here 80 years and seen em win nowt".

• Like 1

i went to first see wednesday in 60/61 season when we came runners up to spurs ,my dad  said we are now going forward after the yo/yo years and just getting over the loss of the fantastic Derek Dooley the goal machine,but we have many top players and you will get the chance to see top football ect,well i did for a few years then OMG did it go wrong,but thats what supporters do,follow there team through great and bad years ,both sheffield teams have seen awfull years,lets hope things  get better and we both play again in the premiership but things are bad and a point at leeds would at least settle the team,but you need a lot of hope against a multi-million side. 

• Like 1

I chose my own team , indoctrination of kids is a major problem World wide . Religion being the no 1  , but subjecting kids to years of misery by forcing  them to follow a crap football team is close 

Lee Chapman bagged 3 goals when Leeds came to Hillsborough, so the Owls forwards tend to hit the net when Leeds play against the owls.

So Saturday should not be any different.

Leeds 0 - 6 Owls 

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

i went to first see wednesday in 60/61 season when we came runners up to spurs ,my dad  said we are now going forward after the yo/yo years and just getting over the loss of the fantastic Derek Dooley the goal machine,but we have many top players and you will get the chance to see top football ect,well i did for a few years then OMG did it go wrong,but thats what supporters do,follow there team through great and bad years ,both sheffield teams have seen awfull years,lets hope things  get better and we both play again in the premiership but things are bad and a point at leeds would at least settle the team,but you need a lot of hope against a multi-million side. 

Didn't actually 'go wrong' until  around the 1969/70 season . In fact during the Harry Catterick/Vic Buckingham era, the Owls didn't finish below sixth (yes 6th) in the old first division. how many clubs would wish for that now?

If the Owls lose and Bamford scores one or more then that's the nadir.

1 hour ago, St Petre said:

Didn't actually 'go wrong' until  around the 1969/70 season . In fact during the Harry Catterick/Vic Buckingham era, the Owls didn't finish below sixth (yes 6th) in the old first division. how many clubs would wish for that now?

Harry Catterick won more first division points in the 60s than any other manager. A pity most of them were for Everton.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Harry Catterick won more first division points in the 60s than any other manager. A pity most of them were for Everton.

Fact I didn't know Jim (thank you). My dad saw Harry playing for Everton (first team and reserves) at Hillsborough when he was understudy to Tommy Lawton  (out injured) and said Harry was as good a forward as to be  a starter in most first division teams then. I don't begrudge Harry for anything while at Goodison,-even 1966 final- but he, as a wise move for both of them  ,took Tony Kay away from us in late 1962.

Edited by St Petre
add

yes great days,great players and the 90s were okay,would of loved to have seen Derek Dooley my dad said he saw some great goals inc one were he was passed the ball about the half way line,went charging through like a tank and scored with him the fullback the goalie and the ball all in the net,with 2 of the opposition on the floor as well,not allowed now , but lets hope hes looking down watching on us this sat and we get something ,i like the manager and hope he succeeds ,but its not easy when other teams spend millions.

41 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Fact I didn't know Jim (thank you). My dad saw Harry playing for Everton (first team and reserves) at Hillsborough when he was understudy to Tommy Lawton  (out injured) and said Harry was as good a forward as to be  a starter in most first division teams then. I don't begrudge Harry for anything while at Goodison,-even 1966 final- but he, as a wise move for both of them  ,took Tony Kay away from us in late 1962.

He had to leave Wednesday to win the league as did Howard Wilkinson. Let’s hope we can hang on to Xisco.