The big fight... Rooney -v- Ronaldo

magician

Shearer said "Rooney should stick one on him" Which means that there is no misquote as you say.

Are you sure? I was watching that and I thought he said something more along the lines of 'I wouldn't be suprised if Rooney stuck one on him' which is a bit rich anyway coming from a player as dirty as Shearer was.

Cronaldo is finished at OT and good riddance. He's not a team player, so he'll fit in well at Madrid. And if Manure get the quoted 65m Euros for him, I don't think there'll be many broken hearts at OT...

If we did get 65m anything for Ronaldo the status of my heart would depend on us getting someone as good or better to replace him which is far from guaranteed.

The real culprit was Sven, his tactics were useless, England has good players, but he does not understand how to play or motivate them.

Rooney should never have been hung out to dry as the lone striker. Every schoolboy (and girl) knows how Rooney operates best, and that is running at defenders frightening them with his out and out skill so they have to be on the back foot. This gives the England midfield the chance to move up, and not just keep resorting to the long ball.

I am not sure if Rooneys stamp was deliberate or not, but he was definately given no protection from the ref. If however he did stamp on purpose, well of course that is inexcusable.

FIFA should check on C Ronaldos' part in all of this if what Rooney said about getting him sent off before the match.

The FA are conducting an inquiry about Rooney /stamping/ serious violent conduct. This could lead to, if proven, Rooney missing up to 12 matches for Man U. Can you imagine how Ferguson will react? He does not need to give Chelsea a head start on the premiership by losing such an star player for so long particularly as he was not keen on letting Wayne go to Germany in the first place.

where was this quoted at 65 million Euro's?

Oh... that was from a Manure forum:

http://www.redcafe.net/

Can't find the orginal source as it's rather noisy on there at the moment :)

EDIT: Sorry, still can't find the original source: better take that figure as being about as reliable as an English midfielder :)

EDIT AGAIN: Seems the source is the Portuguese press. Use Babelfish :)