The big fight... Rooney -v- Ronaldo

magician

Definitely in the wrong and deserved his red card. In my opinion, his sending-off might — only might — have prevented England from scoring and winning. Despite his skills, the new England manager could well decide to drop him. I know I would.

Rooney's an idiot, Ronaldo already warned him what his intentions were so why take the bait? Easy it's a no-brainer!!!

I recon Ronaldo as played is last game for Man Utd, he'll be at Real Madrid as it seems not many Man Utd players get on with him, especially Van Nistleroy and now Rooney.

I recon Ronaldo as played is last game for Man Utd

That was one of my first thoughts after the game yesterday.

I can't see Rooney and Ronaldo being able to play together in a team after all this. Perhaps baiting Rooney so badly was part of a Ronaldo plan to get away from United? Or is my thinking just devious? :cool:

StarSparkle

That was one of my first thoughts after the game yesterday.

I can't see Rooney and Ronaldo being able to play together in a team after all this. Perhaps baiting Rooney so badly was part of a Ronaldo plan to get away from United? Or is my thinking just devious? :cool:

StarSparkle

i agree! ronaldo will have had something up his sleeve, he knew he wouldnt be able to go back to man u and he knew that from the start, i now know why no one likes the slimy toad!!:rant:

You don't have to like each other to play well together, Sheringham and Cole apparently loathed each other that didn't stop them being a good forward pairing.

Besides Rooney deserved to get sent off for stamping (something I expect he will be able to accept in time), Ronaldo had very little to do with it. If you must blame somebody blame Rooney for not being able to control himself and Sven for putting Rooney in a situation which was liable to see him get frustrated and then lash out as he is known to do.

to be honest i dont know weather that counts, because they have clearly mis-quoted alan shearer. he didnt say rooney should go and hit him.

That's right, he didn't use those words - he wasn't making a recommendation... But he understood the likely outcome :)