The big fight... Rooney -v- Ronaldo

magician

There is? In what way? Do you really think that Barcelona, Chelsea or similar are worse than the sides we’ve seen in this world cup? Would Chelsea not crush T&T?

I’m not saying any of that stuff quit straw-manning me and please respond to what I actually post, what I am saying is that Sven had years to come up with a decent side and some very good (maybe not great but damn good) players to do that with he failed to do that and instead somehow managed to consistently get the worst out of a talented bunch of midfielders and failed to come up with a lineup of forwards.

They have? When? How many chances did they get with the England first team in their right position? Johnson’s had 2 caps so far his first coming as a sub stuck out on the wing

No the manager has to take ultimate responsibility; he’s the one who picks the players and tells them how to play, he’s the one who kept switching formations every other game so that the players were so confused they didn’t know what they were doing, he’s the one who’s supposed to get performances out of the players he picked (who consistently play much better for other managers), he’s the one who had 5 years to come up with a team and a system and failed to do so.

Do you not realise that this paragraph contradicts everything else you’ve said?

We seem to be on the same wave length.

Rooney's an idiot, Ronaldo already warned him what his intentions were so why take the bait? Easy it's a no-brainer!!!

I recon Ronaldo as played is last game for Man Utd, he'll be at Real Madrid as it seems not many Man Utd players get on with him, especially Van Nistleroy and now Rooney.

Rooney is a rash extremely talented young footballer. He was totally let down by Svens system, or should I say lack of any coherent playing formula.

With the proper system and guidance Rooney will be a world class performer for years; with the correct team management England

could have progressed further. Next time....

Definitely in the wrong and deserved his red card. In my opinion, his sending-off might — only might — have prevented England from scoring and winning. Despite his skills, the new England manager could well decide to drop him. I know I would.

I tottaly disagree rooney was right to do what he did after ronaldo got him sent off on purpose he should not have had the red card as he was provoked

i disagree with most people on this thread tbf. Rooney was yes indeed a sily boy for stamping on someones groin, he had 2 portugal players on him and was battling like a trooper for the ball, I think he may have felt a little frustrated by the fact he wasnt recieving a great deal of help off his team mates. He was left on his own up front and i think everyone was placing our hopes of winning the world cup on a 20 year old who wasnt 100% fit mentally or physically for this world cup. At the end of the day it wasnt the crotch stomping that he got sent off for it was the pushing of ronaldo who had clearly been goading him for the whole match and build up. The sly wink at the portugal bench said it all IMO. Honestly now, who here would not have pushed ronaldo away cos my guess would be about 75- 80% def would.Dont blame the poor lad for his temper. People are fickle a few years ago everyone hated beckham for his sending off and as soon as he starts playing well and developing as a player he is the best thing since sliced bread....same goes for rooney in the future i think, at the min he is a ninni and as soon as he does something good he will be the dogs ######## . Plus on top of all that whats to say if roo had stayed on that we would have won, if our england penalty taker cant score nor can stevie whats to say roo would have?As i have said in previous posts it pains me to say it but lamps and gerrard in particular(i luuurrrvvvve him, see sig) havent exactly set the tournament alight apart from the 2 belters off stevie.....rant over.

Amy x

The FA are conducting an inquiry about Rooney /stamping/ serious violent conduct. This could lead to, if proven, Rooney missing up to 12 matches for Man U.

the player was on international duty, why would he be given a suspension for manchester united??

Oh... that was from a Manure forum:

figures :hihi:

well we have now finally got an interview with rooney

in it i think he is right in saying

I am of the same opinion now as I was at the time that what happened didn't warrant a red card. If anything, I feel we should have had a free-kick for the fouls committed on me during the same incident.

full story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5141510.stm

well we have now finally got an interview with rooney

in it i think he is right in saying

full story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5141510.stm

I don;t think it was an interview - It was all over sky news last night and their take was that it was a well crafted press release cooked up my rooneys agent and man u

It was accompanied by pictures of rooney seen across a car park

No matter what is said in press releases about the freindship between Rooney and Ronaldo being the biggest since Burton and Taylor, the fact remains that Ronaldo is a greasy, cheating, git.

The English public will not forgive him, and him and his team mates have besmirched their countries name.

Even if they go on to win the World Cup, they must know deep down that they do not deserve it.

I know people will disagree with me on this but here goes:

As much as I hate to say it Rooney deserved to be sent off for his actions and he was sent off for the stamp. not for shoving Ronaldo however I do think there are mitigating circumstances:

1. Rooney has never been and will never be any use as a lone man up front. He needs to play just behind the front line and come on to the ball, he should be running at defenders and making them turn. If the vast majority of the public can see this why couldn't Sven. I said before the tournament started that the main thing that would stop us from winning this year was Sven and I think I have been proved right.

2. If Rooney hadn't been so frustrated about not getting any proper service he would have gone down on either of the fouls committed on him seconds prior to the stamping. I dont know if the ref was trying to play advantage or if he was just c**p but my money is on the latter !!!!!

Rooney will always have that temper in him but I wouldn't want to see him lose it as I think it would make him a poorer player, he just needs to be played in the correct position and in a system that will bring the best out of him and the rest of the players at our disposal, Sven never did that. The only good thing to come out of Saturday was that at least we have got rid of Sven now (even though we are still paying him up to the end of his contract in 2008). We really should have let Chelsea take him shouldn't we :rant: