Diane Abbott Has Labour Whip Suspended

27 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Semantics.

Diane Abbott said black people suffer from racism, whereas Jewish, Irish, travellers etc people suffer from prejudice. 

Not so very different,  and I believe she is entitled to her opinion. 

She is entitled to her opinion. She just doesn't need to share it. 

Interesting that there is a Jewish community within her consistency that suffer racism.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

Semantics.

Diane Abbott said black people suffer from racism, whereas Jewish, Irish, travellers etc people suffer from prejudice. 

So the difference between prejudice and racism is.....................................

• Like 1

The problem with people like DA is that they promote the lunacy of the oppression Olympics i.e. i'm more oppressed than you and here's why...

Many of these 'oppressed' people - who happen to live in the safest, most diverse countries in the world - are so narrow-minded and insular that they can't give others the same consideration they expect to receive.

In her mind she'll be trying to justify that slavery was worse than the holocaust and making a competition out of it.

1 minute ago, leviathan13 said:

The problem with people like DA is that they promote the lunacy of the oppression Olympics i.e. i'm more oppressed than you and here's why...

Many of these 'oppressed' people - who happen to live in the safest, most diverse countries in the world - are so narrow-minded and insular that they can't give others the same consideration they expect to receive.

In her mind she'll be trying to justify that slavery was worse than the holocaust and making a competition out of it.

She claims that the UK is institutionally racist but she's been an MP for 40 years so her comments always seem a bit contradictory 

Especially as she seems to be the one who is always talking about skin colour 

• Like 1