New Gladiators Show To Be Filmed At The Utilita Arena Sheffield

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Funny place to keep a Mars bar .

I was just thinking the same !

• Like 1

The big task at the end is when a Gladiator has to attempt to get changec from a 20 pound note for a pint & a packet of crisps at the Arena 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

A few things there though.

- Anneka is 30 years older, this will be a different set of Gladiators so its not the same cast

- Channel 5 foolish put Challenge Anneka up against the juggernaut of the BBC and ITV Saturday night schedule in spring, which was always going to end in tears. This looks to be a BBC programme.

- At 90 mins long, Challenge Anneka drags on far too much, hopefully this new gladiators reboot wont be that long per episode.

What I will say though is that Sky brought Gladiators back about 10 years ago and it was utter rubbish, but they didnt film that in a big arena like with this one.

Agree.  To be honest, it wouldn't really matter what time the series got aired, channel 5 will always lag behind majorly against its two main rivals.

Also, there is limited scope with the nostalgia fest. Whilst I like her, fact is that many younger people haven't got a clue who she is and if they did, they certainly have no  recollection of the original 1990 series so have absolutely no context.

You can see the signs in the series being broadcast.....   Firstly, she now has a visible team of producers and assistants which ruins some of the dynamic...... Even though we all knew.

When she calls a company they used to be excited at the prospect of speaking to "TVs Anneka Rice" of the jumpsuit and pert backside fame. They were more than willing to give away their stuff for a free plug on the national BBC with millions of viewers.   Now, to many of those companies and suppliers, it's just some minor famous woman on some unheard and unwatched TV show asking for things.

The final nail in the coffin is its just not cool anymore. This sort of philanthropy and charitable aim is more than covered by the vloggers and YouTube generation. Its done much more snappier and visually appealing than Anneka driving around in her cartoonish buggy with her sound man in vision. As shown by the fact that such videos and ticktoks get clicks and viewership that the television networks could only dream of.

Like you, I suspect it will be the same with a new new tried again and again reboot upon reboot of Gladiators.  I really do think it was of its time and has been replaced by the less gimmicky accessible assault course shows like Ninja Warrior.

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1

I'm not looking forward to seeing the trans 'woman' beat the living s**t out of the other women athletes

I'll definitely watch though 

• Haha 1

On 31/03/2023 at 11:00, geared said:

They'll never manage to recreate the original series, it's just no allowed these days.  All the blokes were roided out monsters, and you just can go giving names like Shadow and  Diesel to a big black fella anymore.

Yet the chase have the dark destroyer

9 minutes ago, foxydebs said:

Who nicked the name from Nigel Ben.   The big Fraud. :roll:

1 hour ago, foxydebs said:

Shaun and the rest of them chose their own shownames so it's a case of the double standards of racism. 

Same double standards that say a white man can't say the N-word because it'll be deemed racist but a black man can scream it from the rooftops, record it in a "song" and it's not racist.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Arena Mole said:

Bradley & Barney Walsh confirmed as show presenters - click here for more info & to apply for free tickets https://www.utilitaarenasheffield.co.uk/events/search?q=gladiators

344575092_180199814528006_84432077470438

One boring and one talentless z list “celebrity “ . No thanks.

On 31/03/2023 at 09:13, Arena Mole said:

Contenders, ready! Gladiators, ready!

One of the most exciting and iconic sports entertainment gameshows ever, Gladiators will be returning to TV in its brand new home on the BBC and viewers can be part of the action by applying for free tickets to witness the new generation of Gladiators in action here in Sheffield at the Utilita Arena.

This 11-part series will be back with a brand new generation of superhuman Gladiators who will compete against a brave set of contenders in the ultimate test of speed and strength. They will take part in a series of brand new games alongside classic challenges including fan-favourite The Eliminator.

You’ll be one of the first to witness the new lineup of mighty Gladiators and join the all-important crowd, cheering for your favourite in one of the most exciting and energetic sports TV shows ever!

The TV show is being recorded here at the Arena in June 2023 - for further information and to apply for free tickets visit https://www.utilitaarenasheffield.co.uk/events/search?q=gladiators 

GLADIATORS%20MAIN.jpg

What dates will you be filming please because I go past there every day for the gym and the traffic is bad when there is something at the arena.