Help With Driving Test .

1 minute ago, Axe said:

Okay if someoneĀ Ā has bad eyesight even with glasses would you be happy if instead of being asked to read a number plate from 20 metres the distance was reduced to 5 metresĀ to give someone with bad eyesight a chance to pass?

I can assure you that The Daddy wouldn't be happy......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Janet24 said:

Bless her - hope she passes!

Thank you very much Janet šŸ’–Ā 

14 minutes ago, Janet24 said:

Itā€™s sad that some people advertise their ignorance by claiming that the driving test ā€œisnā€™t tough enough if examiners are allowed to make adjustments for some folkā€¦ā€¦.ā€

If a candidate is allowed special Ā consideration,thereā€™s a reason for it. It happens for `GCSEs ,A-levels and University exams too .

Yes that is true I had a reader for those exams and the exams I take in college and it helps a lot šŸ˜Š

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Janet24 said:

Itā€™s sad that some people advertise their ignorance by claiming that the driving test ā€œisnā€™t tough enough if examiners are allowed to make adjustments for some folkā€¦ā€¦.ā€

If a candidate is allowed special Ā consideration,thereā€™s a reason for it. It happens for `GCSEs ,A-levels and University exams too .

Absolutely spot on šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

I can assure you that The Daddy wouldn't be happy......

Bang on Padders, I definitely wouldn't be very happy mate. šŸ™

9 minutes ago, Janet24 said:

Fully agree Janet.

My youngest son was, and probably to an extent still is, dyslexic. He had help reading the questions for his GCSE exams and when he took the theoretical driving test the questions were put through headphones for him.

In terms of IT he is really good and it hasn't held him back in his career as he's now a regional manager at one of the largest supermarket chains.

Ā 

echo.Ā  Ā Dyslexia rules,Ā  KO!

• Like 2

Just now, echo beach said:

Fully agree Janet.

My youngest son was, and probably to an extent still is, dyslexic. He had help reading the questions for his GCSE exams and when he took the theoretical driving test the questions were put through headphones for him.

In terms of IT he is really good and it hasn't held him back in his career as he's now a regional manager at one of the largest supermarket chains.

Ā 

That's fantastic echo. I bet you're dead proud of him šŸ‘

5 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Fully agree Janet.

Ā 

Thatā€™s brilliant - Iā€™m a firm believer in helping young people to achieve their potential,whatever it takes. Ā Itā€™s obvious that your son and the young lady mentioned earlier have wonderfully supportive parents and thatā€™s a great help. Ā Well done to you and The Daddy for standing their corner !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Fully agree Janet.

Ā 

My mateĀ was an alcoholic dyslexic . He choked on his own Vimto .Ā 

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

That's fantastic echo. I bet you're dead proud of him šŸ‘

Yes DADDY I have three lads and I'm proud of them all.

The eldest two followed the conventional route into higher education and gained BSc and BA degrees and are working in the fields of electronic engineering and education. My youngest, like me, didn't get that initial opportunity but has followed the maxim of 'where there's a will, there's a way' and has succeeded despite the hurdles encountered on the journey.

I'm perhaps most proud of the fact that all three have turned out to be decent adults who, despite having their own busy lives, still find time to acknowledge the support given to them over the years. They are all as different as chalk and cheese but in one respect they all take after me in being very practical which is very handy as I now need more help than in the past!

Ā 

echo.

Ā 

PS. Fingers crossed your daughter passes the driving test. I took mine from Sharrow Lane in '62 and I can still rememberĀ how nervous I was. Three years later as a twenty year oldĀ  I had a part time job as a driving instructor for the Brian Tindall School of Motoring at Handsworth. I recall that there were some hair raising incidents in my time there but I did go on to successfully teach my wife and 3 sons!

10 hours ago, echo beach said:

Yes DADDY I have three lads and I'm proud of them all.

The eldest two followed the conventional route into higher education and gained BSc and BA degrees and are working in the fields of electronic engineering and education. My youngest, like me, didn't get that initial opportunity but has followed the maxim of 'where there's a will, there's a way' and has succeeded despite the hurdles encountered on the journey.

I'm perhaps most proud of the fact that all three have turned out to be decent adults who, despite having their own busy lives, still find time to acknowledge the support given to them over the years. They are all as different as chalk and cheese but in one respect they all take after me in being very practical which is very handy as I now need more help than in the past!

Ā 

echo.

Ā 

PS. Fingers crossed your daughter passes the driving test. I took mine from Sharrow Lane in '62 and I can still rememberĀ how nervous I was. Three years later as a twenty year oldĀ  I had a part time job as a driving instructor for the Brian Tindall School of Motoring at Handsworth. I recall that there were some hair raising incidents in my time there but I did go on to successfully teach my wife and 3 sons!

My husband taught me,Ā our daughter and son to drive and we all passed first time.Ā  Ā He's currently teaching our 17 year old grandson.

Thug LifeĀ  .......Ā  Ā all the best with your driving, hope you pass.

18 hours ago, Padders said:

On the house DaddyĀ  Ā Ā šŸŗ

I see Padders Bar has turned into an Icecream Parlour,Ā  I would put a Flake in that.Ā Ā :hihi:

Edited by PRESLEY
  • Haha 2