Happy Valley

Waldo

Flippin heck! It’s not tight happy is it?

Brill series; almost at the end of season 2, and love it, old Racquel from Rovers (Corrie) is a blooming brilliant  actress; with a real gritty down to earth dry sense of humour.

Edited by Waldo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Flippin heck! It’s not tight happy is it?

Brill series; almost at the end of season 2, and love it, old Racquel from Rovers (Corrie) is a blooming brilliant  actress; with a real gritty down to earth dry sense of humour.

Series 3 is every bit as good, if not better than the first two in my opinion. Won't spoil  if for you, but well worth the binge watch if you've got the time 🙂 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Axe said:

Sarah Lancashire is one of the very few actors or actresses who have achieved great success after leaving a soap opera.  Sarah Lancashire was good in Last Tango in Halifax but has been exceptional in Happy Valley. 

Agree, she’s amazing, totally knocks it out of the ballpark!

Massive depth to her character in not-so Happy Valley, and it really showcases her acting talent in a way that playing a drippy barmaid in the Rovers Return ever could.

Haven’t seen Last Tango yet…

35 minutes ago, silverglade5 said:

Series 3 is every bit as good, if not better than the first two in my opinion. Won't spoil  if for you, but well worth the binge watch if you've got the time 🙂 

Looking forward to it!

Have just finished S2, the finale with the net closing in on the killer cop, the talk down on the railway bridge (what do I say?), all of it, fantastic!

Edited by Waldo

10 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Agree, she’s amazing, totally knocks it out of the ballpark!

Massive depth to her character in not-so Happy Valley, and it really showcases her acting talent in a way that playing a drippy barmaid in the Rovers Return ever could.

Haven’t seen Last Tango yet…

Looking forward to it!

Have just finished S2, the finale with the net closing in on the killer cop, the talk down on the railway bridge (what do I say?), all of it, fantastic!

I think Last Tango is still available on the BBC Iplayer from the very beginning.  Another good actress called Nicola Walker appears in Last Tango.

Just binge watched the whole of Happy Valley series 3 last night, (already seen series 1 and 2.)

It didn't disappoint! Really excellent, the writing was brilliant, and there must be an award or two waiting for the actors.

We need more TV of this quality.

• Like 2