Employee Of The Year Andy M

14 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I am perfectly prepared to answer this question, it was you who quoted figures which I was answering.

...and you still failed to answer the actual question! :roll:

£100 would be acceptable, but, as it happens, I would not lose anything, because it is highly unlikely I would not be able to find another building society with rates as good as the Halifax.

Cool... so the most vociferous "standing up for what's right" poster on the entire forum, would drop all their "courage of conviction" for around £100... :hihi:

...and that's precisely why the Halifax won't be seeing a load of people boycotting their services/products.

It's a none issue, reported (incorrectly) entirely for people who like to get all outraged about everything but who, it turns out, are all mouth.

Edited by Magilla

17 hours ago, Chekhov said:

How thoroughly depressing.

In fact the trend is that sooner or later only non binary pronouns (or whatever they call them) will be allowed by law. Hopefully I'll be dead by then.

Modern life really is rubbish.

You and I disagree on just about everything, and I think you're more irritating than the inevitable flea bite I get every time I have to wrangle an outdoor cat who's jumped through the bathroom window.  But I'm going to take off my annoyed hat and say without any snark and with absolutely genuine concern: are you alright?  Because this is an extreme response to something relatively innocuous, and you seem angry and unhappy all the time, and the several references I've seen from you along the lines of 'hopefully I'll be dead before...' are a real concern.

Yes, I'm likely being hypersensitive, and I'll be ecstatic if you tell me to **** off and stop being so stupid, and everyone do feel free to mock, but if you are as unhappy as you come across then you should take some time away from here because I don't think it's helping you at all. 

And now back to your scheduled programming.

12 minutes ago, Hecate said:

You and I disagree on just about everything, and I think you're more irritating than the inevitable flea bite I get every time I have to wrangle an outdoor cat who's jumped through the bathroom window.  But I'm going to take off my annoyed hat and say without any snark and with absolutely genuine concern: are you alright?  Because this is an extreme response to something relatively innocuous, and you seem angry and unhappy all the time, and the several references I've seen from you along the lines of 'hopefully I'll be dead before...' are a real concern.

Yes, I'm likely being hypersensitive, and I'll be ecstatic if you tell me to **** off and stop being so stupid, and everyone do feel free to mock, but if you are as unhappy as you come across then you should take some time away from here because I don't think it's helping you at all. 

And now back to your scheduled programming.

Hmmm... :huh:

I was with you up to your last sentence...

... but it was a bit insensitive of you reminding Mr Chekhov about his binary issues! :rant:

28 minutes ago, Magilla said:

...and you still failed to answer the actual question! :roll:

Cool... so the most vociferous "standing up for what's right" poster on the entire forum, would drop all their "courage of conviction" for around £100... :hihi:

...and that's precisely why the Halifax won't be seeing a load of people boycotting their services/products.

It's a none issue, reported (incorrectly) entirely for people who like to get all outraged about everything but who, it turns out, are all mouth.

So he wants £100 because a handful of people in branches are putting pronouns on their name badges? 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Technically anyone who is not 100% gay or 100% straight is "in the middle" I suppose, but the exact definition does not matter, the point is if a significant proportion of men who have gay tendencies if the circumstance were right, but could just as easily have a perfectly happy heterosexual life, then, if being gay becomes trendy (or even just has no stigma whatsoever) you will get more gay men. I am making no comment on if that is a good thing or not (apart from the fact I personally would like grand kids) I am just pointing out it is a fact.

“ if being gay becomes trendy “  words fail me .