Employee Of The Year Andy M

18 minutes ago, altus said:

You appear to be confusing freedom of speech with freedom from criticism.

So criticism is banned then?

I'm not sure I get your point.

Look, all I'm saying is people are free to support this current thing and people are free to criticize it.

Edited by The_DADDY

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

So criticism is banned then?

I'm not sure I get your point.

No. Criticism is positively encouraged.

Look, all I'm saying is people are free to support this current thing and people are free to criticize it.

Yet you appear to be upset that ECCOnoob was criticising your viewpoint.

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

In an all inclusive world the people objecting to it have as much right to air their views as those who support it. Are you saying they should be silenced for their views?

3 minutes ago, altus said:

Post #148.

I really don't see how you arrived at that opinion.

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

If the Halifax was offering 1.1% and the Coventry was offering 1.0% I'd go to the Coventry.

What if the Halifax was offering 2%, or more, compared to Coventry's offer...

...or if the Halifax offering came other benefits that were particularly useful to you, that the others don't?

Why ?

Because :

1 - One has to stand up for one believes in,

...just now much are you prepared to lose by "standing up for what you believe in"?

2 - 0.1% is sweet FA anyway

Sweet FA...  colour me shocked! :hihi:

Let's face it, for all your bluster you can't even bring yourself to commit to it outright here... so much for that conviction! :roll:

12 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Who are those you refer to as "in the middle" ?

Technically anyone who is not 100% gay or 100% straight is "in the middle" I suppose, but the exact definition does not matter, the point is if a significant proportion of men who have gay tendencies if the circumstance were right, but could just as easily have a perfectly happy heterosexual life, then, if being gay becomes trendy (or even just has no stigma whatsoever) you will get more gay men. I am making no comment on if that is a good thing or not (apart from the fact I personally would like grand kids) I am just pointing out it is a fact.

11 hours ago, Magilla said:

What if the Halifax was offering 2%, or more, compared to Coventry's offer...

The difference between 1.0% and 1.1% is 0.1%, or, depending on how you want to look at it, 10% more. But the latter is a bit irrelevant when the figures are so low.

£5,000 at 1.0% is a measly £50 a year

£5,000 at 1.1% is a measly £55 a year

A massive £5 more, well worth me becoming a tax exile for.... My time having to open an account with another building society would be worth far more than that.

11 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

The difference between....

Yes, and the question I asked is how much difference matters...

...just now much are you prepared to lose by "standing up for what you believe in"?

You're now literally bending over backwards to avoid answering a simple question, you can't even commit to it without a load of caveats...

...it's clear that your "courage of conviction" is non-existent. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Yes, and the question I asked is how much difference matters...

You're now literally bending over backwards to avoid answering a simple question, you can't even commit to it without a load of caveats...

...it's clear that your "courage of conviction" is non-existent. :thumbsup:

I am perfectly prepared to answer this question, it was you who quoted figures which I was answering.

£100 would be acceptable, but, as it happens, I would not lose anything, because it is highly unlikely I would not be able to find another building society with rates as good as the Halifax.

Edited by Chekhov