Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

49 minutes ago, RJRB said:

You dupes didn’t listen🤪 This has been years in the planning by Putin and your apparent belief that Trump had the measure of him is laughable.

That is not to say that I have any great admiration for Biden from all that I read .

As leaders of the western world I would have hoped for better candidates to be apparent

Putin's agenda has always been apparent, but he acted on it in 2014, when he grabbed Ukraine's Crimea, while Obama/Biden were in office.

He's taking his next bite now that Joe is back in office.

If we all agree that Putin is a totalitarian, hellbent on reviving the Soviet Union, what better opportunity could he have, than now when Biden proclaims to the World, "We have NO intention of fighting Russia". and yesterday his spokesman said, "Our (sanction) measures were not designed to disrupt in any way the current flow of Russian energy to the World!"

Now Putin would not be a "worthy" (as Biden called him) totalitarian if he did not take advantage of those Biden Official Policies.

Lol

Especially when he hears that the respected former Defense Secretary under Bush and Obama, Robert Gates, said, "I think he (Joe Biden)  has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades".

8 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Putin's agenda has always been apparent, but he acted on it in 2014, when he grabbed Ukraine's Crimea, while Obama/Biden were in office.

He's taking his next bite now that Joe is back in office.

If we all agree that Putin is a totalitarian, hellbent on reviving the Soviet Union, what better opportunity could he have, than now when Biden proclaims to the World, "We have NO intention of fighting Russia". and yesterday his spokesman said, "Our (sanction) measures were not designed to disrupt in any way the current flow of Russian energy to the World!"

Now Putin would not be a "worthy" (as Biden called him) totalitarian if he did not take advantage of those Biden Official Policies.

Lol

Especially when he hears that the respected former Defense Secretary under Bush and Obama, Robert Gates, said, "I think he (Joe Biden)  has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades".

Obviously I am not a Putin or a Biden fan but I can’t argue with any of that . By the way, I’m not advocating Russias invasion 

Edited by hackey lad

Perhaps during the Trump years he should have spent more time beefing up the defences of the States bordering Russia and strengthening NATO.

His message was always to put up the ramparts around the US borders.

Build that wall meant more than the Mexican border.

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

But that means that you don't support Putin (as that is a positive action), so either you do... or you don't know or you don't - so it is binary...

Actually having said what I did you are correct in that a don't know is just being undecided and is not the same as the middle ground meaning. :)

Interesting that when someone answer a question about Trump's Russian money, the subject gets changed...

Why bring race into the discussion?

But either you support Putin's actions, or you don't...

Is there any middle ground? - Please enlighten me.

------------------------------------------------------------

I see that Russia is now restricting Facebook access for its citizens...

"Russia's communications regulator Roskomnadzor accused the network of "censorship" and violating "the rights and freedoms of Russian citizens".

Facebook said it had refused to stop fact-checking and labelling content from state-owned news organisations."

Basically Russia doesn't want to let its population see that they are spreading fake news.

You are deluded, or something!

My comment on Biden's racism was in answer to your post 703, wherein you stated:

"If you do not denounce Putin (spelling) then you support him - it is black and white in this case.

lol

And you accuse me of changing the subject, and post this?

"I see that Russia is now restricting Facebook access for its citizens...

"Russia's communications regulator Roskomnadzor accused the network of "censorship" and violating "the rights and freedoms of Russian citizens".

Facebook said it had refused to stop fact-checking and labelling content from state-owned news organisations."

Basically Russia doesn't want to let its population see that they are spreading fake news."

Lol

No, but Chamberlain did - "Peace for our time"... and look how wrong he was!

Absolutely. He trusted Der Fhurer, and waved the paper to prove it!

Lol

But that means that you don't support Putin (as that is a positive action), so either you do... or you don't know or you don't - so it is binary...

You're getting mixed up again!

That's 3 (THREE)  options.

But you're learning!

Lol

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

I don’t suppose the DR would be a major target

That's a co-incidence.

Politics is rarely mentioned here, but yesterday, my partner (little schooling, but overflowing with common sense, and street smart resourcefulness) was talking to her GF in rapid Spanish that I couldn't follow, but I heard the word Ukrania.

I smiled and off handedly said, "Don't worry, they won't be coming here".

She corrected me, and said this stuff will hurt us all economically.

She was right, of course, and I told her so. Smart lady, common  sense!

Wish they had it in the First World

Lol

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

In that photo he is a ringer for the baddie in UFO, Vladek Sheybal 😃

Oh so you're a James Bond fan.

I didn't know who you were referring to at first glance.

Just done a Google search to find out. 😃