Should Kate Josephs Resign As Sheffield's Ceo?

Should Kate Josephs Resign as Sheffield's CEO?   

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kate Josephs Resign as Sheffield's CEO?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Hmmmm.....im not sure she should resign from her new job

It has nothing to do with what she did in her previous job 

So her actions a month before she became the CEO of Sheffield Council has no bearing on her future integrity, accountability, and honesty? Rubbish. She has previously denied accusations of breaking the regulations in place at the time, but under the threat of being outed by the upcoming inquiry has now ‘apologised’. 

If her actions had come to light at the time do you think she would still have been given the CEO job?  No. She wouldn’t. 

She has clearly broken several of the 7 principles of public life that people working in the public sector should adhere to. She should resign and I have written to her to ask her to do so. I have also written to my local councillors. 

1 hour ago, Coxy said:

So her actions a month before she became the CEO of Sheffield Council has no bearing on her future integrity, accountability, and honesty? Rubbish. She has previously denied accusations of breaking the regulations in place at the time, but under the threat of being outed by the upcoming inquiry has now ‘apologised’. 

If her actions had come to light at the time do you think she would still have been given the CEO job?  No. She wouldn’t. 

She has clearly broken several of the 7 principles of public life that people working in the public sector should adhere to. She should resign and I have written to her to ask her to do so. I have also written to my local councillors. 

I agree with you

Im just not sure its a sackable offence that has to follow her into her next job

I cannot inderstand this acceptance of alcohol being allowed at the place of work. 

We all work in different industries and it would never cross our minds to be drinking alcohol whilst in the building of our employment.

Even Kier Starmer has had photo taken of him consuming beer whilst at work.

We have a very strange and unusual relationship with alcohol in this country.

Should she sacked for what she did in her previous job, I'm not sure she should buy by same tokens there should be clauses in contract if any impropriety comes to light her employment may be terminated.

On another note council top bods seem to go from top job to another at another council, despite never achieving much.

3 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

I cannot inderstand this acceptance of alcohol being allowed at the place of work. 

We all work in different industries and it would never cross our minds to be drinking alcohol whilst in the building of our employment.

Even Kier Starmer has had photo taken of him consuming beer whilst at work.

We have a very strange and unusual relationship with alcohol in this country.

I don’t think it’s unusual.
I once worked in West Germany in a drawing office attached to a concrete works and it was common to see the lads with pints in the canteen at 7:00am. The offices had beer vending machines and the boss was ok with us having the odd beer whilst working.

I don't really care if she resigns or not, what she should do is face the public to answer why she had no concern for a virus that she was creating rules for "our protection" for.

Guest makapaka
14 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

I don’t think it’s unusual.
I once worked in West Germany in a drawing office attached to a concrete works and it was common to see the lads with pints in the canteen at 7:00am. The offices had beer vending machines and the boss was ok with us having the odd beer whilst working.

I’ve never seen anyone drinking whilst working but it was common to see supervisors (particularly foreign supervisors) having a can or a bottle of beer at their desk when their shift finished. This was relatively recently too.

Perhaps it was low or zero alcohol beer/wine?

---

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

I’ve never seen anyone drinking whilst working but it was common to see supervisors (particularly foreign supervisors) having a can or a bottle of beer at their desk when their shift finished. This was relatively recently too.

well I can assure you that back in the day I would often drink at work (office not factory) and would regularly have liquid lunches

20 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

well I can assure you that back in the day I would often drink at work (office not factory) and would regularly have liquid lunches

Me too. In fact, most of our office staff would spend every lunchtime in the West Street pub during the 70s and 80s. In fact, my last job in the city centre usually involved the Bessamer or All Bar One at lunchtimes, and I'm talking only 5/6 years ago.

32 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

Me too. In fact, most of our office staff would spend every lunchtime in the West Street pub during the 70s and 80s. In fact, my last job in the city centre usually involved the Bessamer or All Bar One at lunchtimes, and I'm talking only 5/6 years ago.

I am sure we could spend hours swapping stories of our liquid lunch adventures back in the last century