Should Kate Josephs Resign As Sheffield's Ceo?

Should Kate Josephs Resign as Sheffield's CEO?   

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kate Josephs Resign as Sheffield's CEO?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well no they get paid that much because they are looking after a shedload of money, I dont think morals really comes into it. Just look at our politicians.

I did say in part 

I don't understand this discussion of her giving the money to charity. ( her charity might be the tory party )

she took an enormous salary while the crime she committed was being investigated and she was suspended .

She should pay it back to the city of Sheffield!!!!

We pay the rates and she took money under shameful circumstances - she should give it all back - with interest. She did nothing to earn it.

Think of the  anguish of thousands of Sheffield people over the  covid, period, or the courage and commitment of thousands of carers, health service workers and other frontline workers. How dare she take their hard earned money under these circumstances. 

Typical ruling elite. All she has earned is my total and utter contempt.

• Like 2

Agree with you but the question I would like answered is , what has she done since she got back to work ?

23 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Agree with you but the question I would like answered is , what has she done since she got back to work ?

Cities need a town clerk.

They should (but rarely do now) make decisions over major issues for the benefit of the city.

She will get paid her pittance and add nothing whatsoever to the management/benefit of the city.

1 hour ago, cgksheff said:

Cities need a town clerk.

They should (but rarely do now) make decisions over major issues for the benefit of the city.

She will get paid her pittance and add nothing whatsoever to the management/benefit of the city.

Sarcasm ??? 

yes- maybe ask to follow her for a day to find out. 

but she has set a standard for the city to follow...........

I wonder if the council will be quite so accommodating when people can't afford to pay their council tax.....

I reckon her ill gotten gains would have paid for over 4,000 hours of care for the vulnerable,(including costs rather than just carers wages)  2-3 social workers or teachers etc etc.,  

• Like 1

Interesting that the council are not releasing a report about why she was kept on .

And seem to be hiding report.Unless it's national security any report should be available.

I would have thought it was obvious sacking her would have resulted in a probable expensive employment tribunal. Couldnt win either way.

17 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

The additional cost to Sheffield council tax payers for the investigation by SCC, resulting in SCC giving Ms Josephs a written warning.  Over £150,000.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-62811453.amp

Hmmm... :huh:

OK, I suppose I must be missing something here but...

From that article:

Almost £95,000 was given to Ms Josephs' as pay

and

More than £18,000 of extra pay was given to senior officer Eugene Walker on top of his £150,000 salary for covering Ms Josephs' duties.

So,  would it not be a fair assumption to think that what we are paying Ms Josephs £95,000 to do...

... is able to be done by this Mr Walker bloke for a mere £18,000? :suspect:

Maybe it's time to give Mr Walker the job full time? :roll:

20 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

OK, I suppose I must be missing something here but...

From that article:

and

So,  would it not be a fair assumption to think that what we are paying Ms Josephs £95,000 to do...

... is able to be done by this Mr Walker bloke for a mere £18,000? :suspect:

Maybe it's time to give Mr Walker the job full time? :roll:

Wouldnt really work unless you eliminate Mr Walkers usual post, would be no ongoing saving.