No New Petrol Or Diesel Cars After 2030-Will There Be A U Turn?

42 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

That's why public transport should be taken back to what it was in Sheffield before Thatcher.

My reference to walking is, as I've said on here before,  that only one person on our whole street,  besides myself,   will walk to the local shops and people get in their cars to travel 200 yards to the post box.

People in general are absolutely bone idle besides uncaring.

no they don't

she's dead MAAATE

Edited by fools

43 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Uncaring ?

You're "caring" are you ! ? !

Isn't it you who say you are not bothered if people cannot go on the holidays they want ?

Or indeed during Covid I seem to remember you weren't bothered about the fact I could not swim for 8 moths or my child go to school for over 7 months.

Or that I was banned from videoing my lad winning his first ever Fly race etc etc etc

You don't  care about any of that, and much else, do you ?

Edited by Chekhov

7 minutes ago, Padders said:

I look at it like this 👀  Anna.

The super rich will quite gladly spend a fortune on luxury top of the range cars.

The last thing they want is to be stuck in a traffic jam on our heavily congested roads.

They want to get rid of us in our second hand cheap Fiesta's.

Of course Padders. You're quite right. They are quite keen to get rid of us, except that they will still need a few servants and taxpayers to fill their coffers. That's all we're good for. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

That's why public transport should be taken back to what it was in Sheffield before Thatcher.

My reference to walking is, as I've said on here before,  that only one person on our whole street,  besides myself,   will walk to the local shops and people get in their cars to travel 200 yards to the post box.

Indeed. I have been calling for a decent, affordable, public transport system for a while. It's essential to the success of reducing car users. But as most of it is in private hands, it's not easy to legislate. 

I would take issue with taking the car to the local shops. If you're elderly and find walking difficult 200 yards might as well be 200 miles. I can no longer go to the city centre as disabled parking is often too far from the places I need to go, neither am I strong enough to hump a disability scooter in and out of the car boot.

Edited by Anna B

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Indeed. I have been calling for a decent, affordable, public transport system for a while. It's essential to the success of reducing car users. But as most of it is in private hands, it's not easy to legislate. 

I would take issue with taking the car to the local shops. If you're elderly and find walking difficult 200 yards might as well be 200 miles. I can no longer go to the city centre as disabled parking is often too far from the places I need to go, neither am I strong enough to hump a disability scooter in and out of the car boot.

You wouldn't have them problems if I was chasing you Anna.

You'd do top of the moor to the bottom in 23 seconds.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Chekhov   -   I am NOT responding to any post of yours which contains the words Covid or masks.

We are discussing cars and not Covid 

Uncaring ?

You're "caring" are you ! ? !

Isn't it you who say you are not bothered if people cannot go on the holidays they want ?

Or indeed during Covid I seem to remember you weren't bothered about the fact I could not swim for 8 moths or my child go to school for over 7 months. Censored (but relevant for this discussion)

Or that I was banned from videoing my lad winning his first ever Fly race etc etc etc

You don't  care about any of that, and much else, do you ?

17 minutes ago, Padders said:

You wouldn't have them problems if I was chasing you Anna.

You'd do top of the moor to the bottom in 23 seconds.

Can you even say that these days ? ! ?

In this mad crazy over sensitive world does that count as online threats or harassment ? ! ?

Edited by Chekhov
  • Like 1