No New Petrol Or Diesel Cars After 2030-Will There Be A U Turn?

6 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You need to go back to your original post.   I quoted you post# 255 where you said "is" and then you denied saying "is" post # 254.

Do petrol & Diesel cars catch fire too ?       Of course they do.  Vauxhall kept having that problem and it was shown on TV news quite a few time because they wouldn't admit it.

What I would say is all cars can catch fire,  not just electric ones.

It's only just come to my memory that I once had a Mini that caught fire whilst I was driving.

Another poor contribution.  Petrol and diesel cars tend to only catch fire when they are being driven  unlike electric vehicles which are known to catch fire when parked and not being driven.  Your Mini would not have caught fire if you had not been driving it.

2 hours ago, Axe said:

Have a day off from being  the forum clown.  Grow up and stop falsely accusing me of lying.

You used the word probably regarding the BBC article

and I replied by stating I did not say that an electric vehicle caused the fire on the ship which you implied.  I have reported what is the likely cause of the latest ship fire according to news reports.  ITV News have just stated an electric vehicle is the likely cause of today's  ship fire.

I wonder if you will be able to swap your petrol Rolls Canardly for an Electric Rolls Canardly.  :hihi:

7 hours ago, fools said:

oh I'm sorry, twice ...on business, you win. what an interesting life.

try it in an EV, in winter ... no heating might help

3000 cars have just gone up in smoke btw, must be old tech

Try what in an EV in winter ?

The first few cars I had didn't have heating  or had a system worse than a lit cigarette.

We were made of sterner stuff in those days and didn't need mollycoddling like you need today.

We need a few million to go up not 3000.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

The first few cars I had didn't have heating  or had a system worse than a lit cigarette.

We were made of sterner stuff in those days and didn't need mollycoddling like you need today.

Oooooooh you're so manly and butch 😘

2 hours ago, Axe said:

Another poor contribution.  Petrol and diesel cars tend to only catch fire when they are being driven  unlike electric vehicles which are known to catch fire when parked and not being driven.  Your Mini would not have caught fire if you had not been driving it.

Poor contribution.  that's another very blunt axe post.

I know it's driving you mad but one thing is for sure.    The old cars are going to go and you are going to drive electric ones whether you like it or not.

Of course,  you could get the old idle legs working again.

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

Arnt 90% of journies less than three miles?

Are other countries ditching the petrol engine the same year as the UK?

Car production is worldwide, it will likely decline worldwide. A natural decline because petrol is too expensive would be the right way to do it.

We might be thinking differently, had the UK had the record high temperatures again and the fires.

aren't 90% of statistics made up

Greece has always had wind, dry vegetation in summer - at any time in history add in ignition, poor land management and you have a wildfire - who lit it.

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

a 120 mile each way trip

battery fires are difficult  to put out, unlike petrol .. and electric cars sometimes lock the passenger in

Edited by fools