South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

36 minutes ago, Resident said:

Apparently it's upto 1500 signatures. 

Funny because if 1500 people were using it weekly it wouldn't have been cut....

There was about that many signatures for one that was done when the SL2 was cancelled if I remember rightly. Not sure when they were all catching it though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Now you've mentioned them, I wonder what their previous forum ID was - also cancelled, according to SFBeca in a post elsewhere.

Cheese and ham sandwich guy, i reckon. Mr Allen.

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Cheese and ham sandwich guy, i reckon. Mr Allen.

I doubt it - with due respect to the guy, I don't think LP's posting style fitted him

£2 maximum single fare on buses and trams within South Yorkshire from 1 November, subsidised by the South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority (SYMCA).

No changes to any other tickets including the range of unlimited travel passes.

https://travelsouthyorkshire.com/en-gb/news/429002ad-175a-4252-b31c-b74afd02f87d

17 minutes ago, Andy C said:

£2 maximum single fare on buses and trams within South Yorkshire from 1 November, subsidised by the South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority (SYMCA).

https://travelsouthyorkshire.com/en-gb/news/429002ad-175a-4252-b31c-b74afd02f87d

Thought they were skint?

Guest busdriver1
5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Thought they were skint?

I believe this funding has come from central government and is ring fenced for bus support

The £2 single fares on First buses have worked well for me but mainly because I've been working from home most days since March 2020

On 12/10/2022 at 17:25, HillsDog said:

Trying to find Nichola Feedham's petition to restore the 52a anyone any ideas where to go

Nichola Feedhams petition is on the Next Door app 

On 25/10/2022 at 10:22, Andy C said:

Assuming the scheme isn't extended at the end of March then are we going to see another exodus of drivers that have had enough of the abuse when it goes back to full fare?

Are we going to see O-LIE-ver Copp-out announcing that the fare cap is great and suggests that it's proof the companies can run these lower fares, failing to mention the taxpayer's contributions, to further his own agenda?