Coronavirus - Part Two.

I'd be interested to hear what the vax skeptics would think about this hypothetical question ......

Should you receive a cancer diagnosis and the prognosis is poor, would you be willing to take part in drug trials which could improve your chances of survival?

The reason I ask, I believe at least one of the coronavirus vaccines have been developed from current cancer treatments.

NHS has now  totalled 87million vaccinations.

3 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

And which posters on this thread do you consider to be conspiracy theorists.......?

I think a key marker of covid conspiracists is a belief in a very low infection fatality rate (IFR). For example: 99.9%+ survive, it's no worse than the flu, it's just the sniffles, ... I do not believe there is a reasonable argument for a very low IFR and the only way to sustain something like a 0.1% IFR is to invoke a grand conspiracy in which data sources Worldwide have been got at. @The_DADDY is clearly in this camp.

If somebody wants to argue there should never have been a (prolonged) lockdown and would like to have gone the Swedish route with a strong steer from government with a view to getting the public to voluntarily adopt strong NPIs without making them a legal requirement then they are probably not a conspiracy theorist.

If somebody argues there should never have been a lockdown on grounds of personal freedom and accepts this would have caused 300 000+ deaths in the first wave, swamped the NHS for a period of months, resulted in possibly horrendous levels of long covid, etc. then they are probably not a conspiracy theorist.

The main distinguishing feature of @top4718's views is his belief in the primacy of his own direct experience although he likes to dabble with a bit of conspiracy theory now and then and likes to cut-and-paste links to websites whose content he has not read and digested. According to my categorization where do you fit, @onewheeldave ?

Rightwing radio host and anti-vaxxer dies of Covid

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/08/rightwing-radio-host-dick-farrel-anti-vaxxer-dies-covid

Dick Farrel was a vociferous critic of Dr Anthony Fauci and urged people not to get vaccinated

A rightwing TV and radio host who was a vociferous critic of Dr Anthony Fauci and who urged his listeners not to get vaccinated against Covid-19 has died after contracting the virus.

Dick Farrel, who had described Fauci as a “power-tripping lying freak” who conspired with “power trip libb loons”, had urged people not to get vaccinated as recently as June.

He reportedly changed his opinion about vaccines after falling ill and later being admitted to hospital before passing away on 4 August aged 65. “He texted me and told me to ‘Get it!’ He told me this virus is no joke and he said, “I wish I had gotten [the vaccine]!” close friend Amy Leigh Hair wrote.

Edited by The Joker

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

Rightwing radio host and anti-vaxxer dies of Covid

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/08/rightwing-radio-host-dick-farrel-anti-vaxxer-dies-covid

Dick Farrel was a vociferous critic of Dr Anthony Fauci and urged people not to get vaccinated

A rightwing TV and radio host who was a vociferous critic of Dr Anthony Fauci and who urged his listeners not to get vaccinated against Covid-19 has died after contracting the virus.

Dick Farrel, who had described Fauci as a “power-tripping lying freak” who conspired with “power trip libb loons”, had urged people not to get vaccinated as recently as June.

He reportedly changed his opinion about vaccines after falling ill and later being admitted to hospital before passing away on 4 August aged 65. “He texted me and told me to ‘Get it!’ He told me this virus is no joke and he said, “I wish I had gotten [the vaccine]!” close friend Amy Leigh Hair wrote.

We'll be seeing plenty of these.

22 hours ago, top4718 said:

Unfortunately the government and MSM have more resources, you only have to read the comments on here to see project fear has worked.

I've asked numerous people on here what their direct experiences of serious illness and death with covid and not one has answered, their whole ideology is based on what they are being told, that in itself is truly frightening.

I did answer, you just chose to ignore it...

1 minute ago, Becky B said:

I did answer, you just chose to ignore it...

Par for the course .

My friend said university students might need to be double vaccinated before thry can attend uni. I hope this is wrong. 

4 hours ago, MotherB said:

I'd be interested to hear what the vax skeptics would think about this hypothetical question ......

Should you receive a cancer diagnosis and the prognosis is poor, would you be willing to take part in drug trials which could improve your chances of survival?

The reason I ask, I believe at least one of the coronavirus vaccines have been developed from current cancer treatments.

Dying from cancer and accepting a drug trial that may prolong your life is a world away from accepting a trial vaccine for something that statistically is very unlikely to cause you serious harm.

Look up the vaccine Pandemrix, I'm sure the scientists were trusted with that one as well.

4 hours ago, Delayed said:

Don't bother posting these things, absolute propaganda at its finest, the article mentions nothing of why he was admitted to hospital or when he caught the virus, disgraceful but not unexpected paid for indoctrination.

Edited by top4718

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

Look up the vaccine Pandemrix, I'm sure the scientists were trusted with that one as well.

Top tip: if you are looking to get a covid vaccine don't get Pandemrix as it's for flu. Also it is not as safe as the covid vaccines.

Guest makapaka
10 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

Difficult to know exactly what you're asking due to the deranged grammar, but, just taking a guess, I would say that one does not need to be a qualified vaccine scientist to know that long-term safety testing is required to establish the long term safety of a vaccine, or, that computer modelling has a track record of being wildly off in it's predictions.

Hardly deranged.

So you don’t then. 

and I would say you do need to be a “qualified vaccine scientist” to have an understanding of the cost / benefit analysis of deploying a vaccine in the middle of a pandemic and whether it’s safe or otherwise.

and pretending you know otherwise when you’re not a “qualified vaccine scientist” is at best presumptuous and at worst “deranged”.

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Child abuse?