Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

You are scraping the barrel there old boy . GB news , really .  I hope you are better behaved when you next meet the Ambassador 

The Ambo is a charming lady, ex-MoD, expert in many technico-legal fields and, I am happy to highlight, much better at Brexit bantz than her predecessor.

She’s that stereotypical example of British Civil (Foreign) Service capability, class and all-round excellence, and you’d do well to remember that Civil Servants like her served and continue to serve under Johnson, Truss, and whoever Sunak/Truss Foreign Sec will be, whenever GBNews (indeed) and assorted red tops next bait you lot into vilifying them.

33 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Liz Truss has pledged to speed up the process of changing bad EU laws that were automatically transferred into English law when our country left the corrupt EU.  Hopefully the next two years will be used to completely eradicate the negatives that were impacted on our country during the time our country was part of the corrupt EU.

The French troll knew that it's a fake story but still decided to post a link to it which says a lot about the French untrustworthy mentality.

So much froth, so early in the week! Pace yourself, or you’ll never make it to Friday 😆

I’d love to see Truss ram through the NIP Bill in September, so precipitating the UK into a full-fat trade war with the EU27, with the US and with every other major economy that enjoys FTAs with either or both. Full-on winter of discontent sure to follow, hope you’ve got airbags!

Edited by L00b

Guest sibon
36 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The French troll knew that it's a fake story but still decided to post a link to it which says a lot about the French untrustworthy mentality.

I guess that your explicit xenophobia makes a change from your explicit homophobia.

Help is available if you reach out.

Everyone blaming Brexit.  This was before Brexit.

Queues at Dover on the first weekend of the Summer holidays happen every year.

Dover port delays: families stuck on roads told chaos will last until Monday
Holidaymakers and lorry drivers trapped in traffic for up to 12 hours, with delays blamed on shortage of French border staff

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/23/port-of-dover-seven-hour-delays-border-checks-france

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Everyone blaming Brexit.  This was before Brexit.

Queues at Dover on the first weekend of the Summer holidays happen every year.

Dover port delays: families stuck on roads told chaos will last until Monday
Holidaymakers and lorry drivers trapped in traffic for up to 12 hours, with delays blamed on shortage of French border staff

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/23/port-of-dover-seven-hour-delays-border-checks-france

Maybe read the article properly next time?

It says it was caused by two effects - a staff shortage and extra checks due to the heightened security in the aftermath of terrorist attacks. Whilst in the last days we again had a combination of a staff shortage and *extra* checks caused by brexit.  A check on  passports that used to take seconds now takes around 1.5 minutes because each passport must be stamped. Why? Because as a consequence of Brexit we became a third country.

Was the same when I went to Switzerland a month ago - much slower because now they have to ask each person questions about what they are doing, when they will leave and then stamp the passport.

31 minutes ago, L00b said:

The Ambo is a charming lady, ex-MoD, expert in many technico-legal fields and, I am happy to highlight, much better at Brexit bantz than her predecessor.

She’s that stereotypical example of British Civil (Foreign) Service capability, class and all-round excellence, and you’d do well to remember that Civil Servants like her served and continue to serve under Johnson, Truss, and whoever Sunak/Truss Foreign Sec will be, whenever GBNews (indeed) and assorted red tops next bait you lot into vilifying them.

So much froth, so early in the week! Pace yourself, or you’ll never make it to Friday 😆

I’d love to see Truss ram through the NIP Bill in September, so precipitating the UK into a full-fat trade war with the EU27, with the US and with every other major economy that enjoys FTAs with either or both. Full-on winter of discontent sure to follow, hope you’ve got airbags!

I’m glad she’s a nice Lady . Do you have Ferroro Rocher when you meet at the Embassy? 😀

43 minutes ago, sibon said:

I guess that your explicit xenophobia makes a change from your explicit homophobia.

Help is available if you reach out.

Shock horror sibon!!! We appear to be on the same side of this discussion!

One of the things that gets me about this is the blame game. It's all Johnny Foreigners fault because we decided to alter the whole arrangement and for some unknown reason they aren't prepared to allow us to continue on our way to those sunny uplands with no alterations from the way things were before.

It's embarrassing, people with any self respect accept responsibility for the results of their own actions.

Guest sibon
38 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Shock horror sibon!!! We appear to be on the same side of this discussion!

One of the things that gets me about this is the blame game. It's all Johnny Foreigners fault because we decided to alter the whole arrangement and for some unknown reason they aren't prepared to allow us to continue on our way to those sunny uplands with no alterations from the way things were before.

It's embarrassing, people with any self respect accept responsibility for the results of their own actions.

Hope you are feeling better😁

There is much worse to come when the biometric border checks are fully implemented. I’ve abandoned Folkestone as my route to Europe. Eurotunnel have stopped selling frequent traveller passes and the whole area is far too unpredictable. 

Portsmouth for me in future, or maybe Hull.

9 minutes ago, sibon said:

Hope you are feeling better😁

There is much worse to come when the biometric border checks are fully implemented. I’ve abandoned Folkestone as my route to Europe. Eurotunnel have stopped selling frequent traveller passes and the whole area is far too unpredictable. 

Portsmouth for me in future, or maybe Hull.

Thanks for your concern but I wasn't feeling particularly off colour as it was.

Yes, this mess isn't going to go away. I've said before that if Labour had the balls they'd campaign the next election with the slogan " We Will Bring You the Brexit You Voted For. " With the promise to return to the Single Market which resolves most of the problems including the Irish border.

They could then use tons of evidence of hardline Brexiteers promising prior to the referendum that it'd be a piece of cake and we could eat it and keep it. Farage rambling on about the Norway option being fine, Boris promising NI they could rip up any extra paperwork and Liam  Fox stating that it should be the easiest Trade Deal in history.

Loads more lies to be exposed then they could finish off with Rees-Mogg stating on camera that it might take fifty years.

Unfortunately, Starmer seems to have ruled that out, perhaps he should be got rid of as well?

Without arguing for neither Brexit nor Remain, I would just like to point out that the ending of free movement has only brought forward an increase of production/harvesting costs that were always inevitable, although somewhat further down the line.

The use of cheap labour would always have come to an end as the poorer economies eventually approached middle-class standards.

Edited by cgksheff