Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

Just now, apelike said:

Get over it, people lie for their own benefit.

Johnson far more than most.

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

This has already been rejected by the Tories and the DUP.

The DUP no longer hold the cards though and its parliament now that do.

Just now, apelike said:

The DUP no longer hold the cards though and its parliament now that do.

The Tories are still rejecting it regardless - and I didn't know they'd handed negotiations over to Parliament. Johnson is still PM - albeit of a minority government.

6 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Johnson far more than most.

Are there different grades of lie, does it depend on how many are told? Politicians on all sides lie, you only have to look at the expenses scandal to see that. People lie, the media lies, campaigns lie and manifestos do.

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

The Tories are still rejecting it regardless - 

Rejecting what though?

Edited by apelike

1 minute ago, apelike said:

Are there different grades of lie, does it depend on how many are told? Politicians on all sides lie, you only have to look at the expenses scandal to see that. People lie, the media lies, campaigns lie and manifestos do.

The higher up the food chain they are the more damage they can do - so yes, there are different grades. People lying on SF doesn't make a whole lot of difference - the PM telling lies does. 

Remember Iraq's "weapons of mass destruction"?

1 hour ago, apelike said:

What deal, the same one that has been rejected by parliament 3 times or another hypothetical one that the EU are extremely unlikely to give? 

Well they won't if Johnson won't ask for one, which, according to amber Rudd, he hasn't done.

He has no plan. Davis had no plan. May had no plan, Boris certainly has no plan unless of course that plan is no deal brexit in which case he's lying to everyone. Again.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

In which case, we accept the backstop, or ruin our economy. 

Which option do you prefer?

But the rebels have said no to the backstop so we'll have to leave.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

What on earth have you been reading?

If you do t recognise the signs of bullying,I can recommend an excellent training course. 

It wasn't what I read. I watched part of a political programme and two remoaners were asked outright if they would accept another referendum result of it was to leave still and they said no, I'm sure it would be different if it was to stay though.

The remoaners have some nerve saying Boris is ignoring democracy when they come out with things like that

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

At the time sitting Labour MPs didn't think Labour would win as many seats as they did in the snap 2017 General Election. 

It is a little more subtle than that.

Many right-wing/Blairite Labour MPs were actively hoping that Labour would do poorly in 2017 so that they could get rid of Corbyn. There was a fascinating documentary which followed three Blairite MPs during that election and beautifully captured their utter horror as good result after good result came in, leaving them absolutely terrified that Corbyn would win or if he didn’t, he certainly wouldn’t be going anywhere anytime soon.

I can’t remember who the other two were but do remember Stephen Kinnock being one of them for a bizarre scene where his wife (a former Danish Prime Minister) was talking to him about the result and making him look like a confused child compared to her mature, political savvy.

12 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

It wasn't what I read. I watched part of a political programme and two remoaners were asked outright if they would accept another referendum result of it was to leave still and they said no, I'm sure it would be different if it was to stay though.

The remoaners have some nerve saying Boris is ignoring democracy when they come out with things like that

So, your entire analysis is based on what you saw two people say on tv.

Do you think it might be a good idea to do a bit more research?

19 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

The Tory hardline faction said no to the backstop. If they had voted for it, we’d have left the EU by now.

If you want someone to blame for us not leaving the EU, try Jacob Rees Mogg.

6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

So, your entire analysis is based on what you saw two people say on tv.

Do you think it might be a good idea to do a bit more research?

The Tory hardline faction said no to the backstop. If they had voted for it, we’d have left the EU by now.

If you want someone to blame for us not leaving the EU, try Jacob Rees Mogg.

From what I've seen so far I've no reason to doubt it's how the majority would react. 

I never said it wasn't just Corbyn and co blocking the backstop, plenty of rebels in the Tory's aswell. Boris is doing his best to honour the referendum

34 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

If you mean the Tory rebels, they have said no to no-deal. No deal would get rid of the backstop (and could have umpteen unforeseen consequences). Having a deal would - certainly under May's deal or similar - retain the backstop.

Edited by Longcol