Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

7 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

They don’t need to do that to kick Johnson out.

They could have had a vote of no confidence last week but decided not to because there isn't enough support in Parliament for Corbyn to replace Boris. Parliament will be prorogued early next week for five weeks.

You missed the words “if they choose”

In any case, don’t bet on Johnson surviving to the end of the prorogation. 

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

You missed the words “if they choose”

In any case, don’t bet on Johnson surviving to the end of the prorogation. 

How can Parliament get rid of Boris before the end of prorogation?

1 minute ago, Lockdoctor said:

Doesn't have to be Parliament, the conservatives could...

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

Doesn't have to be Parliament, the conservatives could...

He could do it himself.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Do you have any imagination?

Instead of repeating yourself endlessly, give yourself a bit of time to think things through before defaulting to the same old stuff

Edited by Pettytom

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

We all know that the opposition parties have decided not to vote in favour of holding a General Election before the EU summit.

Quite right too.

Nobody trusts Johnson not to call the election after October 31st or so close to it as to allow the UK to crash out of the EU without a deal.

Rule out no-deal first. Election after that.

20 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Do you have any imagination?

Instead of repeating yourself endlessly, give yourself a bit of time to think things through a bit.

How am I endlessly repeating myself by asking you how Parliament can get rid of Boris before the end prorogation?

My lack of imagination and your recent comments  leads me to believe you don't understand what prorogation is or really know what is happening.

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Quite right too.

Nobody trusts Johnson not to call the election after October 31st or so close to it as to allow the UK to crash out of the EU without a deal.

I agree there was speculation that the date of the election could be moved during the prorogation period.

Edited by Lockdoctor

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

How am I endlessly repeating myself by asking you how Parliament can get rid of Boris before the end prorogation?

My lack of imagination and your recent comments  leads me to believe you don't understand what prorogation is or really know what is happening.

You’ve said that before

4 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I agree there was speculation that the date of the election could be moved during the prorogation period.

Take no notice, I think you’ve got a wonderful imagination apart from when it comes to Brexit.

15 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Take no notice, I think you’ve got a wonderful imagination apart from when it comes to Brexit.

Yes, I imagined this was a country that respected democracy and imagined the democratic EU referendum result would have been fully implemented on 29th March.

Edited by Lockdoctor

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Yes, I imagined this was a country that respected democracy and imagined the democratic EU referendum result would have been fully implemented on 29th March.

It was fully implemented on the 24th June 2016 when David Cameron announced that the UK would be leaving the EU.

The referendum wasn’t a statutory instrument it was an advisory poll and Cameron (wrongly) took the advice of the referendum and announced that the UK would leave. The referendum itself obliged nobody to do anything.

46 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

But all parliament have done is create a law that obliges him to ask the EU for an extension which still does not rule out a no-deal.