Euro Elections

mort

This thread has been reviewed and returned to the main forum. 

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

And even so it's on track to obliterate ALL the other contenders come May 23rd. Doesn't that tell you something, the public want change, and indeed deserve change from the inept set of 500 LIARS that occupy Westminster, the leave 150  are ok. Bring on the next GE asap, let's have a mass clear out.

Angel1.

It tells me that people still desperately feel the need for change but they don’t really know exactly what. 

I get it. People are fed up.

But there is no evidence that Farage is positioned to deliver positive change. He is advocating destructive change

4 hours ago, apelike said:

Another one who does not remember the past replies by me about this sort of thing, but just to recap... Whatever parliament decides then that is fine by me as they are the ones in charge and not the people. I may/may not like what happens as I personally would prefer a hard brexit and complete divorce from the EU that severs all ties and not the stay in the EU by another route compromise deal brokered by May,  but again that is not for me to decide. If people dont understand how democracy works in the UK then that is their problem and not mine. ;)

We will be leaving the EU under May’s deal. How many MEPs and commissioners will we have under May’s deal? Do we have any say in EU legislation in her deal? Do we have any say in EU policy in her deal?

The answers are none, no and no. We would have left under her deal. Therefore, you can accordingly accept this deal, no?

Edited by ez8004

2 hours ago, ez8004 said:

We will be leaving the EU under May’s deal. 

Only if parliament can agree to it and so far that is still just a possibility and also very remote given the circumstances. We could still just crash out with no deal, another possibility.

2 hours ago, ez8004 said:

Therefore, you can accordingly accept this deal, no?

Again that depends on parliament and not me.

The AfD which Farage supports thinks it’s fair game to attack a 16 year old by calling her mentally challenged. 

Sounds like your typical Farage right wing supporter. 

Another one who does not remember the past replies by me about this sort of thing, but just to recap... Whatever parliament decides then that is fine by me as they are the ones in charge and not the people. I may/may not like what happens as I personally would prefer a hard brexit and complete divorce from the EU that severs all ties and not the stay in the EU by another route compromise deal brokered by May,  but again that is not for me to decide. If people dont understand how democracy works in the UK then that is their problem and not mine. ;)

So anything as long as it’s Brexit.

Whatever Brexit is.....

That is not logical

1 minute ago, I1L2T3 said:

So anything as long as it’s Brexit.

Whatever Brexit is.....

That is not logical

When does logic come into it? The decision is parliament's to make as they now own it so its not mine, or yours for that matter.

9 minutes ago, apelike said:

When does logic come into it? The decision is parliament's to make as they now own it so its not mine, or yours for that matter.

If they revoke A50 you’re ok with that?

Still doesn't explain the sheer stupidity of voting to leave in the first place , everyone elses fault but those daft enough to enable it... figures :roll:

Can we at least try to stay on topic and not make this thread into another discussion solely about Brexit?

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Still doesn't explain the sheer stupidity of voting to leave in the first place , everyone elses fault but those daft enough to enable it... figures :roll:

Its amazing how remainers only like democracy when it suits them, and to keep it on topic the same is also true of the EU elections. What people vote for in them is how it is and no matter how many dislike it that is democracy in action. :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, CaptainSwing said:

I don't share your optimism.  I think the propaganda machine will swing right behind the LibDems and more or less completely ignore the Greens.  A tell-tale sign is if you start seeing articles or reports (or forum posts) in which the tone or underlying unquestioned assumption is that the LibDems are serious politicians but the Greens aren't.

Well neither got my vote!

4 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Can we at least try to stay on topic and not make this thread into another discussion solely about Brexit?

Thank you.

The Euro Elections are essentially a proxy vote for a second referendum. It's impossible to separate them from Brexit.