Jump to content
mort

This thread has been reviewed and returned to the main forum. 


A couple of points for you to take note of.

 

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

 

As this is about an election the following will apply

 

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

 

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

Message added by mort

Recommended Posts

I thought that a thread about the upcoming Euro Elections might be a good idea. It might allow the local election thread a chance to get back on topic too.

 

We’ve just seen Labour, Tories and UKIP hammered in the local elections. The Lib Dem’s have surpassed expectations. Will this happen again in the Euro Elections. Or, will Farage affect the vote significantly.

 

I’m a dyed in the wool Labour remainer. I’ll be voting Lib Dem this time though, as I feel that to be the best way to express my opposition to Brexit. I’ve never voted Lib Dem in my life before.

 

How about you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never voted lib dem, voted lab and con previously, with the con since corbyn was leader and probably just previous to him as well.

Brexit party this time though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is certain that the Brexit Party will do well in the €uros not least because they will mop up a lot of the ‘sulkers’ who withheld their vote on Thursday.

 

While Labour continue to tag along with Teresa May’s ‘we must respect the result of the referendum’ project, they will lose way more remain votes than leavers who would rather vote Brexit/UKIP/BNP/English Democrats/Tommy Yaxley than vote for Corbyn.

 

At the end of the day, remain votes will outnumber Leave votes which reflects the mood of the country.

 

If they do, then serious consideration needs to be given to revoking Article 50. This will be the ‘second referendum’ that people are being denied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pettytom said:

I thought that a thread about the upcoming Euro Elections might be a good idea. It might allow the local election thread a chance to get back on topic too.

 

We’ve just seen Labour, Tories and UKIP hammered in the local elections. The Lib Dem’s have surpassed expectations. Will this happen again in the Euro Elections. Or, will Farage affect the vote significantly.

 

I’m a dyed in the wool Labour remainer. I’ll be voting Lib Dem this time though, as I feel that to be the best way to express my opposition to Brexit. I’ve never voted Lib Dem in my life before.

 

How about you?

Fair enough.  Nothing wrong in tactical voting / voting for a party you wouldn't normally vote for if said party is going to deliver on something that you want. 

 

Nor would does anyone need to see anyone else's affirmation or feel the need to justify the way they vote.  Afterall it between you & the ballot box. 

 

For me, I'll be voting for a party, most likely Farage's lot to hopefully follow up on the largest democratic vote the UK has ever undertaken, which produced a clear mandate to leave the EU & give a clear indication to the Tories & Lab that it all should have been done & dusted by now. 

 

51.9% to 48.1 or a difference of

1,269, 501 is NOT a close call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

1,269, 501 is NOT a close call. 

It is in an electorate of 46.8 million. 

 

It is 2.5% which can hardly be called a clear mandate. And let’s not forget that this was three years ago now and a lot has changed since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It is in an electorate of 46.8 million. 

 

It is 2.5% which can hardly be called a clear mandate. And let’s not forget that this was three years ago now and a lot has changed since then.

Ok? 

 

The world offers you 2.5% of the eligible voting electorate and a difference of 1,269, 501 votes

 

Remember the voting population percentage amount was never specified, so at what point would it have become acceptable to you?

 

And here's me thinking that it's recognised democratic political practice that someone or something can win by a single vote.  Every day of the week in democracies somewhere, decisions are carried by a single vote. 

 

For God's sake there were 2 tied local elections yesterday decided on drawing lots.

 

So come on explain why the EU vote shouldn't stand other that you are a remainer? 

 

Note: remainer is now spelt with a small 'r' due to its insignificance. 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

George Galloway

@georgegalloway

If you support the anti-democratic capitalist club called the EU you’re not left wing you’re right wing.

 

 

Correct George.

 

Because we need to send another very clear message I'll be voting for the Brexit Party. 

 

NO TO THE EU DEVELOPING CUTTING EDGE MILITARY WEAPONS.

 

NO TO AN EU ARMY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I'll be voting for the Brexit Party.

 

Can you tell me what their policies are, what will they do if they get elected?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Fair enough.  Nothing wrong in tactical voting / voting for a party you wouldn't normally vote for if said party is going to deliver on something that you want. 

 

Nor would does anyone need to see anyone else's affirmation or feel the need to justify the way they vote.  Afterall it between you & the ballot box. 

 

For me, I'll be voting for a party, most likely Farage's lot to hopefully follow up on the largest democratic vote the UK has ever undertaken, which produced a clear mandate to leave the EU & give a clear indication to the Tories & Lab that it all should have been done & dusted by now. 

 

51.9% to 48.1 or a difference of

1,269, 501 is NOT a close call. 

It’s closer than you think. If 635,000 votes had gone the other way it would have been almost a dead heat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pettytom said:

I thought that a thread about the upcoming Euro Elections might be a good idea. It might allow the local election thread a chance to get back on topic too.

 

We’ve just seen Labour, Tories and UKIP hammered in the local elections. The Lib Dem’s have surpassed expectations. Will this happen again in the Euro Elections. Or, will Farage affect the vote significantly.

 

I’m a dyed in the wool Labour remainer. I’ll be voting Lib Dem this time though, as I feel that to be the best way to express my opposition to Brexit. I’ve never voted Lib Dem in my life before.

 

How about you?

If I was a dyed in the wool Labour remainer, I'd be voting Green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CaptainSwing said:

If I was a dyed in the wool Labour remainer, I'd be voting Green.

I did, on Thursday.

 

If the Euros happen, I’ll vote for the biggest remainer option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Can you tell me what their policies are, what will they do if they get elected?

Two hundred years ago 18 brave protesters were killed and between 400-700 were injured at a rally in Manchester when the cavalry charged into a large crowd who had gathered to demand that poor mill workers should have an equal democratic voice to that of the rich factory owners.

 

I owe it to all those Peterloo martyrs to try and protect our hard-fought-for democratic franchise and ensure that big business does not trample all over the democratic wishes of the poor by keeping us in the EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.