Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

1 minute ago, ez8004 said:

My wife and her sister did. I was at home looking after the kids. 

I hope they didn't take their own placard. I've seen some on the t'internet and they aren't doing our cause any good at all.

2 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

Ive NEVER  supported May`s "Surrender" deal ,and never will.

I thought you were a Brexiteer? jumped ship?

A whole bunch of buses went down from Sheffield.

I assume that statistically there would have been at least some forum members amongst them.

1 hour ago, horribleblob said:

The same could be applied to the diminutive Brexit Betrayal March of course, with one participant pictured waving a Manx flag.

But, as you posted subsequently: "anybody can attend a march".

and pay £50 to do so LOL

10 hours ago, melthebell said:

And i think youve answered your own questions with the terminology you used, it might not be an apocalypse, it could be, but it might not we dont know, but why should we suffer any hardship at all to leave when the whole leave ideology is based on lies and mistruths.

And that differed from the remain campaign how? 

Parliament has decided to take the Brexit process out of the Government's hands. The Maybot must be malfunctioning....

String and stable, strong and stable, strong and stable

Just now, Lex Luthor said:

And that differed from the remain campaign how? 

we wont suffer any hardship remaining :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Parliament has decided to take the Brexit process out of the Government's hands. The Maybot must be malfunctioning....

String and stable, strong and stable, strong and stable

String and stable?

Three more of her ministers voted against the government and have now resigned.

She has now lost more ministers in two years than Thatcher lost in 11 years and Blair lost in 10 years.

Shambles isn't the word for it!

25 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Parliament has decided to take the Brexit process out of the Government's hands. 

No they have voted to take control of Commons business which is different, and May has also stated stated that there is no guarantee she will abide by their decision.

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

Surely you were there in spirit on the March to leave?

Just like voting being there in spirit does not get you counted.

Edited by apelike

3 minutes ago, apelike said:

No they have voted to take control of Commons business which is different, and May has also stated stated that there is no guarantee she will abide by their decision.

Just like voting being there in spirit does not get you counted.

If any of the indicative votes held on Wednesday show a clear majority for either a customs union deal, Norway type deal or a second referendum she will find it very difficult to justify pushing on with her deal which has already failed spectacularly twice.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I do.

A friend of mine who works for London Buses and liaises with the Metropolitan Police over major events, was told at 4pm that the figure was between 800,000 and 1.1 million people depending on the time of day as some people were leaving the area before others had left Park Lane to start the march. That's why I confidently called it 'around a million' while most of the media were talking about '100s of thousands'.

That seems to concur with the majority of estimates from later in the day.

I know you're not making the figure up, just reporting what you believed to be true. But , turns out expert analysis puts it at 312-400k , a third of the organisers claim.

8 minutes ago, woodview said:

I know you're not making the figure up, just reporting what you believed to be true. But , turns out expert analysis puts it at 312-400k , a third of the organisers claim.

You pick your expert and you take your choice.

There are very good operational reasons why the Metropolitan Police need an accurate crowd figure, and as the operation is dynamic they also have very good figures for the flow of  people into the area from all the different directions and how that figure changes as the day progresses including people leaving the area. 

They also had a chopper up there for the entire duration of the event.