Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

Just now, ECCOnoob said:

It got to 17.4 million way back in 2016.

The democratically elected parliament voted overwhelmingly to invoke article 50 and commence the leave procress. 

You have a bit of catching up to do. 

You're deluded if you think the vote back 2016 is seen as relevant now. If it was, we would be leaving on 29th March. 

5 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

The democratically elected parliament voted overwhelmingly to invoke article 50 and commence the leave procress. 

You have a bit of catching up to do. 

And a fair few of them have changed their mind now all the lies and deceit have been outed. But they cant change their mind because the leavers have a strange outlook on democracy. :roll: 

You try and catch up.

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Says the guy who is so patriotic that he avoids paying tax on his fags and his diesel! 😡

And god knows what else, I would love to see his tax returns. 

Edited by Dardandec

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Says the guy who is so patriotic that he avoids paying tax on his fags and his diesel!

and would willingly makes his own country poorer based on lies and mistruths :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

What ive never understood is the love in some people have for the EU . Its just a shame these people dont have the same passion for our  own country ,yet would rather cosy up to  the  Europeans. 

From the minute you get up to the minute you go to bed you try and rip off this country to the last penny you can.

This faux patriotism is nauseating.

11 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

Why only whites? No other demographic is split on Brexit. No other ethnic group counts to you in your eyes. You're just a god damn racist. 

Lol, the guy is a known wind up merchant, he is too busy being mischievous to be a racist. I see his latest wind up worked, btw.

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

From the minute you get up to the minute you go to bed you try and rip off this country to the last penny you can.

This faux patriotism is nauseating.

Its what they all do, the other brextremists will make lots of money off brexit too. it follows a pattern

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It is not debateable at all.

Every credible poll in the last two and a half years has had a majority for Remain. And that majority is increasing month by month. Show me a poll that says otherwise. Yesterday's march and the online petition are just snapshots of that.

Actually every poll in the last three and a half years put Remain ahead.

Except one......

40 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

I don't think you actually understand what leaving without a deal means, typical leaver in full denial of the facts staring them in the face.

I do. I don't want no-deal. I also know, it doesn't leave us 'crippled' with a 'destroyed' economy, which was what was being stated.

2 minutes ago, woodview said:

Actually every poll in the last three and a half years put Remain ahead.

Except one......

You can't  mean the one that counted ? but it wasn't democratic enough and remainers want another because that is their democratic way.

2 minutes ago, lottiecass said:

You can't  mean the one that counted ? but it wasn't democratic enough and remainers want another because that is their democratic way.

Lying and mistruthing is NOT democratic

24 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

The democratically elected parliament voted overwhelmingly to invoke article 50 and commence the leave process.    The referendum question was a very simple 2 option vote.   Leave or remain.    Nothing about "deals" or "compromises" that was not the question asked. 

The electorate had their opportunity to have a say.    The result was counted.    Parliament acted in their usual democratic procedure to commence the process.    Court cases have been heard to challenge and Partilment has enacted any changes accordingly. 

You have a bit of catching up to do with your "petition".

I am a remainer.  I was disappointed and upset - but that's how democratic votes work.   They dont always go your way. 

Quite frankly I am sick to death of these continuing attempts to disrupt proceedings from not only sitting MPs going against what their own constituancies wanted but also snobbish and elitist media organisations and campaign groups who make massive insulting generalisations about the class, income, education and types of people who voted leave.

Depending on what you read Leavers are either all moronic poverty level right wing racists living in small northern towns or they are elitist silver spoon millionaires who voted leave for their own gain.      Well,  Which is it supposed to be?

Maybe, just maybe leavers are actually significantly diverse areas of the population who have 1001 different reasons of why they chose to vote leave.  

The other argument that makes me laugh from the rent a mob is that leavers are all vile Tories.   Errrm, a quick check of the facts shows very different. 

Just what the hell makes people like you think you are so superior that your own opinion outweighs a recorded majority number of others.

Tch thinks all his opinions are facts , why do you think his post count is so high? 

33 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

You're deluded if you think the vote back 2016 is seen as relevant now. If it was, we would be leaving on 29th March. 

29 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

And a fair few of them have changed their mind now all the lies and deceit have been outed. But they cant change their mind because the leavers have a strange outlook on democracy. :roll:

Yeah  I keep hearing this a lot.

Based on what though?   Selective polling means nothing.  For years election polls are routinely attacked for not being a genuine represenation and subject to massive bias or erronious calculation.       Suddenly they are right just because it supports your stance?     Hmmmm..

http://www.britishpollingcouncil.org/performance-of-the-polls-in-the-eu-referendum/

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/24/how-eu-referendum-pollsters-wrong-opinion-predict-close

Of course, we now have the great "petition" which is so significant.    But is it though?      Yes its certainly had a massive number of signatures - probably one of the highest in history and yes it did close out at over 5.2 million.     However, 33 million voted in the referendum.  16.1 voting for remain.  What the hell happened to the other 10+ million remainers.   Where was their signature on this oh so important petition eh? 

This petition equates to barely 30% of the original number of people who voted remain in the referendum.   Is that really enough to get MPs to stand up and take notice as the organiser blabs on about.   Does that really demonstrate this huge dramatic shift towards remain as you seem to think?

Edited by ECCOnoob

Just now, melthebell said:

Lying and mistruthing is NOT democratic

It was a leave or remain vote, both sides have the blame for mis truths.