The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

Agree Corbyn has not handled this well at all.He has also not come over well in the house.

18 minutes ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

So, Corbyn gets invited by May to have a chat how they can progress with Brexit.

Corbyn basically says, not until a 'no deal' is took off the table.

WHAT ?

How stupid is that man ?

Why take away the main thing you have as a bargaining chip.

i'm not entirely sure how threatening to shoot yourself in the head is a bargaining chip.

3 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

i'm not entirely sure how threatening to shoot yourself in the head is a bargaining chip.

That isn't what he did, he essentially used it to torpedo a second referendum.

3 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

Shooting yourself in the head / foot etc would  appear to be a tactic favoured by both May and the brexiteers.

50 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

In a negotiation of equals (or near equals) yes, I would agree.

However, once we triggered Article 50 we ceased to have any real bargaining power. What we are asking of the EU is unreasonable and even the most benign of EU negotiators will not undermine the organisation's own rules to facilitate the wishes of a leaving member.

Yes, a no deal exit will hurt the EU but it will survive. The same can't be said of the UK.

A no deal Brexit will mean the UK are in a much better position to negotiate regarding future arrangements with the EU on 30th March than we are at the moment.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

**** me we cant even agree how to pronounce it now.

May survives a no-confidence vote. "What a surprise" said absolutely nobody. Anyway, at least we wasted another day so that's a good thing.

Agreed it was a day wasted. We all knew the result last night when the DUP confirmed they would be supporting the Government.

6 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

A no deal Brexit will mean the UK are in a much better position to negotiate regarding future arrangements with the EU on 30th March than we are at the moment.

Really? Do explain how.

21 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

It’s good to see brexiteers unite under one banner. 

May is a remainer and has to go ,so a Brexiteer can take over and get this job done. May dosnt want to leave the EU and should never have been made PM. 

8 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Really? Do explain how.

Yes Lockdoctor, please do?

2 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

May is a remainer and has to go ,so a Brexiteer can take over and get this job done. May dosnt want to leave the EU and should never have been made PM. 

Some say it was devised to ensure that Brexit failed. The more this debacle continues, I think it might have been.

Angel1.

51 minutes ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

So, Corbyn gets invited by May to have a chat how they can progress with Brexit.

Corbyn basically says, not until a 'no deal' is took off the table.

WHAT ?

How stupid is that man ?

Why take away the main thing you have as a bargaining chip.

Because it’s not a bargaining chip. 

24 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Totally agree .

Let a Brexiteer confirm a Brexit Deal that is backed by the majority of that camp and can be negotiated or otherwise.

In the unlikely event that May can cobble something together I don’t want there to be any possibility for the  Brexiteers to have a Remainer to blame when the reality hits home.

So once again Penistone and Angel,who do you nominate as that leader.

Edited by RJRB

3 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Because it’s not a bargaining chip. 

Please enlighten me as to why its not.

They would hate us to leave without giving them 39 Billion

Hate us to leave and make our own trade deals and be successful