Are the people of Sheffield getting fatter?

Seems to be the case over the last few years.

Seems to be the case over the last few years.

its just you who are getting thinner

I was brought up in the fifties and fat people were rare ,in my class we had two people who were fatter than the rest and are probably still overweight fifty-five years later.

Yes, including me

Everyone is getting fatter. It's got very little to do with Sheffield other than the fact that Sheffield is one of the poorer areas of the country and a decade of austerity policies have made many people poorer and so less able to afford a healthy lifestyle/food.

Everyone is getting fatter. It's got very little to do with Sheffield other than the fact that Sheffield is one of the poorer areas of the country and a decade of austerity policies have made many people poorer and so less able to afford a healthy lifestyle/food.

Yep, nationwide problem.

Sheffield is not one of the poorer areas of the country. Where do you get this rubbish from?

.... and a decade of austerity policies have made many people poorer and so less able to afford a healthy lifestyle/food.

How come the poorer people in the 1950s and 1960s when junk food was a rare treat managed it? Sorry but I think it is mainly down to choice of lifestyle and also laziness to some degree. When you hear someone in a supermarket asking their child in a pushchair what they wanted, "a pot noodle and a packet or crisps" then you know something is wrong socially and not because of poverty.

Edited by apelike

Of course it is ape.

Some one mentioned the need for wider isles in Lidl down Darnall the other day.

Fat people are nothing new, only thing is the number increasing.

I'm spotting a newer phenomenon - bendy legs. Mainly seems to affect the fuller figured person but not exclusively. Normal legs from buttocks to knees then the legs sort of splay out - almost like a fish tale, only with legs.

Hmmm... :huh:

... I think it must be something to do with all the free school milk we had as kids.

All that calcium has probably helped us grow bigger bones... :roll: